"On an iPhone or iPad, the 2-D, side-scrolling block-based sandbox is a winning formula, and The Blockheads is the most well-executed, true-to-Minecraft game I've had the pleasure to experience on iOS." - TouchArcade (5 Stars)
"The Blockheads takes the Minecraft experience and shrinks it down in a way that just works on a touchscreen. There are shades of Lemmings here too, and they blend together to make a sweet game about discovery, exploration, and creation." - Pocket Gamer (Gold Award)
Night is falling and your blockhead is freezing. You haven't yet made shelter and your campfire has gone out. All you have is a spade, some wood and a few sticks. You have only minutes before exhaustion hits. Do you create a bed, dig a cave or refuel your fire? What will you do?
The Blockheads is a huge exploration, creation and survival game where the possibilities are endless!
Play offline in single player, or easily create and join online worlds to play with friends and family, or explore thousands of unique worlds created and hosted by other players.
Start with almost nothing and explore, craft, build and trade your way to steam trains, electric elevators, and even jet packs, titanium swords and carbon fiber armor.
- Explore an infinite number of worlds filled with oceans, caves, deserts, mountains, forests and floating sky islands
- Build massive structures with the materials you find
- Trade with other players in an ever changing global economy
- Battle other blockheads in PVP worlds
- Lay rail and create jumps for speedy rail hand cars or create a rail network for easy transport by train
- Create an array of solar panels to power your oil refinery, and craft carbon fiber and fuel for your jetpack to explore the skies
- With content always being added, The Blockheads is continuously evolving, and there is more to come
Warp your first blockhead through the portal and get exploring now in The Blockheads!
1.7.2 is a minor bug fix update, which fixes an issue where some worlds wouldn't load.
1.7 is the biggest update ever! With pets, animal breeding, expert mode, skin customization, pizza ovens, new mobs, rainbow cake, a new D-Pad option for control, free HD textures, gem blocks, wind effects and HD clouds, yak shaving , shark riding, and SO MUCH MORE!!!
As well as the large number of big new features there have been many, many little tweaks and fixes to help you get the most from your experience while playing The Blockheads.
Don’t forget to give expert mode a go, for a new challenging progression which makes it a whole new game.
Ratings and Reviews
Note from a beta tester...
Hello people-who-actually-read-the-comments! I have played this game for about (idk, ages?!), and I keep coming down here to see your comments. A few answers to some of your questions!
1. Add 3D mode!!!
The reason why the blockheads is so popular is that it is different from most of the other sandbox games out there. You could argue that there are similarities to terraria but they are just not the same thing. While terraria is more pvp and fighting oriented, the blockheads is a more building oriented game. The reason there is no 3D mode is too keep that (almost) unique style of being able to see what is going on inside your buildings, and also finding ores is easier. Also, if it was 3D, the game would need to be paid for, because it would be more expensive to create and make.
2. Creative mode and cheats!!!
There is a way to get a world that has everything in the trade portal for free, allowing you any block and giving you an unlimited supply of resources, however this requires you to dive into the custom settings and world configuration settings so some people are scared away by the technically of this. It is possible though, so share some of the crazy things you guys do down here!!
I hoped these answers helped. If you have any more questions then feel absolutely free to post them down here and I will do my best to answer them. Now go play the blockheads with you newfound knowledge of the game!!!
-AtomSmasher (one of the original beta testers)
It's raining inside again...
A great little 2.5d builder game for when you have time to pass. Still being occasionally updated with new elements and fixes by its developer, who hopefully will one day fix the bug where rain occurs inside...
Great game, but can you add rockets or a moon, or NPC's or zombie invasion or SOMETHING NEW! Its been AGES since the last big update, and it was a bit of a blow off. (Still no creative mode w unlimited items) Still a great game tho, great if you don't want to spend money but still want to have fun.
- David Frampton
- 95.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2018 Majic Jungle Software
- In-App Purchases
- Age Of Time Crystals $1.49
- Double-Time $4.49
- Epoch Of Time Crystals $7.49
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.