The Mystery of the Gorilla
Maurice, who was once human, has been living unhappily as a gorilla for three years after falling into a puddle of radioactive water while out for a walk one night. Three years later, he finally sees the opportunity to change his life for the better when he stumbles across a ghosticorn tormenting a mad scientist in the middle of the forest.
Written and illustrated by Isaac Kirkwood Smith, Divan Meissenheimer, Jaydee Richardson, Ethan Rogan, and Matt Vastre.
With thanks to Principal Gillian Bray.
In June 2014, Kiwa in conjunction with the Ministry of Education brought the 48HR SLAM to Wainui School. Under the guidance of Greata Anderson, Munro Te Whata, Behnaz Farzami, Steven Renata and Rhonda Kite, five students undertook an intensive two days of Digital Storytelling, culminating in this digital story told through striking artwork and narrated in the students’ own voices.
The Kiwa team then took this amazing work and assembled it in the form of the Experiential Digital Book that is in front of you. Swipe through and immerse yourself in the story, and tap on the pictures to explore hidden elements.
• Swipe-to-Read™ the words to hear and playback the story at your own pace.
• Auto Play to enjoy the narration.
• Use the My Narration function to read and record the story yourself and customise your book.
• Touch the pictures to hear different sound effects.
• See special animation effects bringing the picture to life.
• Use the Colour Palette to paint each page!
Requirements: Compatible with iPad,
Requires iOS 7 + Patent Protection 532174
Patent Pending - All rights reserved
Kiwa Digital produces multi-language digital content, creates IT solutions and develops products and services for the digital publishing and entertainment industries.
Updated with iPhoneX compatibility
Ratings and Reviews
this thing is the best book ive ever seen. ever.
- Ministry of Education
- 166.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2014 Ministry of Education
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.