Makes from your iPhone/iPad a complete GPS device with the detailed topographic map of New Zealand from LINZ. Viewed maps will be stored on your device so that Topo GPS can also be used without an internet connection.
Why should you buy an expensive GPS device if you can install Topo GPS on your iPhone/iPad? Topo GPS contains all functions of a regular GPS device for less money, has a much more detailed map, and is more convenient to operate. The accuracy of the position determination is in favorable conditions about 5 m.
Ideal for walking, hiking, cycling, mountainbiking, horse-riding, geocaching, trail running and other outdoor activities. Also suited for outdoor professionals.
- Map -
* Complete topographic map of New Zealand, scale 1:50 000, newest edition, provided by LINZ.
* Very detailed maps, with buildings, cultivation, all roads including the smallest forest trails, contour lines, and characteristic elements in the landscape.
* Future updates of the map are included for free.
* The map can be zoomed, moved and rotated.
* All maps of a certain region can be made offline accessible using the map download screen.
* Percentage of map that is offline accessible is indicated on the top left of the map.
- Intuitive interface -
* Clear menu with most important functions.
* Different dashboard panels with distance, time, speed, altitude and coordinates.
* Clear manual at www.topo-gps.com.
- Routes -
* Recording of routes, with pause and restart possibility.
* Planning of routes via route points.
* Importing routes in gpx, zipped gpx, kml, kmz, and OZI explorer plt format.
* Editing routes.
* Sharing routes.
* Free access to route collection Topo GPS.
* Routes can be synchronized with your other devices using iCloud.
* Searching routes with filters.
* Routes can be organized into folders.
* Maps of a route can be made offline accessible.
- Waypoints -
* Adding waypoints by pressing on map.
* Adding waypoints through address or coordinates.
* Supported coordinate systems: WGS84 decimal, WGS84 degree minutes (seconds), UTM, MGRS and NZTM2000.
* Importing waypoints in gpx and zipped gpx format.
* Sharing waypoints.
* Editing waypoints.
* Photos can be added to waypoints.
* Waypoints can be synchronized with your other devices using iCloud.
* Searching waypoints with filters.
* Waypoints can be organized into folders.
- Your location -
* Location and movement direction indicated by arrowed marker.
* Displayable in WGS84 decimal, WGS84 degree minutes (seconds), UTM, MGRS and NZTM2000 coordinates.
* Sharing and saving as waypoint.
- In app purchases -
* Topographic maps of Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany (partly), France, Great Britain, Netherlands, Norway and Sweden.
* OpenStreetMap world map.
If you are recording a route, the GPS will run in the background. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
On an iPad and iPod touch, the location can only be determined with an accuracy of a few meters if the device contains a GPS. The iPhone always contains a GPS.
Rdzl, the company behind Topo GPS, does not obtain in any way the location of the user of Topo GPS. Rdzl does not obtain your routes and waypoints, unless you share a route with Topo GPS. Rdzl does not register which map tiles you have downloaded. We sell our product, not our user data.
- Get more out of your maps -
Almost all maps now have a legend in English.
- You can now set your preferred NZTM2000 coordinate order (northing-easting or easting-northing).
- Bug fixes and improvements.
- Optimizations for iOS 12.
Ratings and Reviews
An Obvious Choice for Trampers and Hunters
Excellent means of seeing where you are on a topo map. That’s what I’ve been using it for. I’m sure I’ll get my head around the other functions but just that one feature makes it easily worth the money. Seems to work perfectly well without coverage. The only downside is that, unlike paper maps, it only works as long as your cellphone’s battery lasts. So that’s as limiting factor but the app itself is fabulous.
Great for work & play
Very happy with this app. Still learning all of its functions & tricks but find it a valuable tool already. I'm particularly pleased with the ability to see all different types of coordinate formats with the click of a button or to be able to search positions in any format. Very useful in rescue work, which is my most common use for it.
A life saver. I tramp through the Ruahines using this app. If you turn it on while there is cell reception and leave it on, it will track your location even when there is no reception (you just have to make sure you leave it on). It's very accurate.
- 54.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012-2018 rdzl
- In-App Purchases
- OpenStreetMap $4.99
- 64 km² of Great Britain $0.99
- 256 km² of France $3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.