WeatherWatch.co.nz is New Zealand's only weather news authority - with regular weather news updates plus our unique highly detailed main centre forecasts for: Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Wellington, Christchurch & Dunedin forecasts. We also have two daily nationwide forecasts for all regions, the latest Breaking News plus latest rain, wind, swell, temp maps going out a massive 14 days. You also upload your own weather photos directly from your phone to the WeatherWatch.co.nz photo galleries.
Version 2.2.0 update:
* Now uses The Weather Company/IBM as its data source as well as the highly detailed WeatherWatch.co.nz forecasts for the six main centres
* With better location finding and with more localised forecasts, it shouldn't put you in the wrong region anymore
* Hourly forecasts now available to view
* Easily change your location by tapping the place name at the top of the screen (no longer have to go to Settings to change it)
* iPhone X optimisations are back
Ratings and Reviews
Cluttered and has ads
Maybe I'm the only person in the world who's happy to pay for an app that has no ads. They weren't shown in the screen shots of course - so waste of your mobile data to show you pointless ads of things that you don't want. Am deleting it right away.
Also has too many maps in poor colours, making it impossible to actually see anything useful.
This seems to be an app made with no clear purpose, just a lot of things onto the screen without thought of making it clear and useable. Shame, but no better than metservice app.
Lacks the detail of the website.....
Or am I missing something?
I like to see the rain forecast and what times it will come and go throughout the day, for work purposes.
I’ll stick to the the website at the moment.
Used to love this, but it stopped working after the last update and just says cannot refresh weather data.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.