New Yr on iPhone and iPad is different from anything else you’ve seen in weather forecasting: Scroll through a beautiful and animated sky to see how the weather changes hourly, and get all the need-to-know details at the same time.
The weather visualization makes it a fun experience to check the weather – even when it’s raining!
Forecasts are delivered by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute.
NEW APP FEATURES:
• Weather conditions in a visualized 48-hour forecast, with animated clouds, rain, snow and fog + details about wind, temperature and severe weather warnings.
• Long term forecast in table – hour by hour the first three days.
• Graph with more details on weather, temperature, wind and pressure.
• Live 90-minute precipitation forecast – our most accurate and updated rain forecast (only in Norway).
• Weather summary text.
• Choose the look of your widget
• Easy navigation between sky view, table and graph.
• Weather from 10 million places around the world with option to save your favorite places.
ABOUT US: Yr is a weather service jointly produced by NRK and the Norwegian Meteorological Institute. Our primary goals are to secure life and property, while delivering useful and accurate weather forecasts to our users, preparing them for all kinds of weather. This year we are celebrating our ten-year anniversary, and with millions of users every day we are proud of being one of the most popular weather services in the world.
- Severity levels for weather warnings.
- Fixed problem where som users couldn't enable morning notifications.
- Fixed flickering background when changing location.
- Reduced battery usage when using location services with Apple Watch.
- Fixed VoiceOver in settings.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app. So far most accurate forecast from competition. However there is a one missing thing. It would be nice to see rain radar.
Great app, but no offline mode
Can we get an offline mode to store the most recent weather when going hiking? I keep forgetting, and when I open the app it resets everything!
The graph view gives great insight at a glance. Especially find the wind graph useful when picking a good time/location to go kayaking
- Norsk Rikskringkasting As
- 137 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2007-2018 NRK
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.