Zachary Quack is back! The irrepressible little duckling is starring in his own story and is more pittery-pattery, skittery-scattery than ever. He's busy hustling and rustling all sorts of creatures on the riverbank when he comes across a dragonfly. He's determined to catch the dragonfly but it's far too quick, leading Zachary Quack on a flapping chase. He gets tangled in some wool and an old shoe, stuck in some glue and traipses through a sandpit and all the while not being able to catch the dragonfly. At the end of the chase it's not a little yellow fluffy duck we see but . . . Zachary Quack Minimonster!
Run your fingers over the text to hear the story and touch any word to hear and see it spoken and spelt. You can even colour in pages of the story and record your own voice. Hear the barking dogs and the ferocious yowl of Scarface Claw, all part of the interactive experience, giving children and parents’ hours of fun. This is not only a marvellous story, but a superb aid for early learning and literacy development.
It was thirty years ago that a small black dog stepped out of the imagination of author and illustrator Lynley Dodd and onto the pages of a picture book. This book, Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy, is now famous the world over and the 20 titles in the Hairy Maclary and friends series have now sold more than six million copies worldwide.
• Personalize each book with ‘this book belongs to ...’ page.
• Swipe-to-Read™ the words to hear and playback the story at your own pace.
• Touch-to-Hear™ individual words spoken.
• Touch-to-Spell™ to hear the letters that spell each and every word.
• Auto Play to enjoy the narration.
• Use the My Narration function to read and record the story yourself and customize your book.
• Paint mode can be used on each story page!
• Paint has a paint palette, brush width, move and zoom, and undo abilities!
• Tap the paint palette icon and tap a color to change the paint color!
• Tap the brush palette icon and change the slider to change the brush size!
• Tap the Help menu to learn how to use a KIWA Book
This KIWA Book includes the narration, text, and user interface in this language:
UK English narrated by Kyle Prior
© & ™ Hairy Maclary and Friends, Lynley Dodd, 2012
licensed by Penguin Group (NZ)
Contact us: email@example.com
KIWA® is the world’s leading production house for experiential digital books. We partner with publishers and other content owners, using our patented technology to bring content to life in revolutionary new digital formats that deepen your child’s engagement and understanding.
Check out our website: www.kiwadigital.com
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KiwaDigital
- iPhone is now a supported device:
This version of 'Zachary Quack Minimonster' is now universal and can be used on iOS supported devices running iOS 9+
- iPad/iPhone feedback support added (E-mail)
- Minor bug fixes
Note: Please save any paintings you may have made in previous versions as this version will overwrite any previously saved files.
- KIWA International Ltd
- 172 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Lynley Dodd, 2006 & © 2018 KIWA Digital
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.