Google Nexus 7 (Android 4.4 KitKat Edition)
No Fluff Guide
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
(The updated edition of this book for the Nexus 7, Nexus 9, and Android 5 Lollipop is also available.)
Perfect for new and experienced users, this no-fluff guide to the Google Nexus 7 tablet is packed with tips and details on apps, services, settings, and documents. You'll also find step-by-step instructions for dictating, networking, sharing, troubleshooting, going online, and using Google Now.
New apps and features covered include Camera, Clock, Google Keep, Android Device Manager, Play Games, Quick Settings, Lock-screen widgets, multiple users, restricted profiles, HDMI screen mirroring, external displays, Miracast, wireless charging, app verification, gesture typing, printing, cellular (LTE/HSPA+) connections, privacy options, Hangouts, the notification light, the remodeled Google Play store, and the updated versions of Chrome, Gmail, and Maps.
• Covers all Nexus 7 models and Android 4.4 (KitKat).
• Covers all Google Play edition (pure Android) tablets, including the LG G Pad 8.3.
• Master the Home screen, Lock screen, and multitouch gestures.
• Secure your data from thieves, snoops, and rogue apps.
• Locate a lost or stolen Nexus remotely.
• Work with onscreen or wireless keyboards.
• Get instant search results for documents, pictures, music, mail, apps, contacts, and more.
• Summon Google Now to get personalized information when you need it.
• Ask Google Search to find nearby businesses, set alarms, search the web, and more.
• Dictate anywhere that you can type.
• Connect to wireless networks with a few taps.
• Set up cellular, Bluetooth, and VPN connections.
• Mirror your tablet's screen to your TV.
• Back up your data to the cloud.
• Transfer files to and from your Windows PC or Apple Mac computer.
• Sync your documents, mail, contacts, appointments, reminders, notes, and messages wirelessly across your computers and mobile devices.
• See all your notifications in one place.
• Browse the web with Chrome.
• Watch and subscribe to videos on the YouTube app.
• Send, receive, and manage your email with Gmail or Email.
• Chat with family and friends on Hangouts.
• Post to Twitter or Facebook right from the app you're using.
• Manage your day-to-day life with Calendar, People, Google Keep, and Clock.
• Find your way with Maps.
• Download apps, games, and updates from the Google Play store.
• Connect to Google's online multiplayer social gaming network.
• Play music, movies, TV shows, and other media downloaded from the Google Play store.
• Capture, edit, and share photos and videos with Camera and Gallery.
• Care for your Nexus and troubleshoot problems.
• Plenty of tips, tricks, and timesavers.
• Fully cross-referenced, linked, and searchable.
1. Getting Started with Your Nexus 7
2. Touring Your Nexus
3. Securing Your Nexus
4. Typing & Editing
5. Wireless & Network Connections
6. Managing Your Accounts & Data
7. Connecting to Computers
8. Getting Notifications
9. Google Now
10. Google Search
11. Browsing the Web with Chrome
12. Watching YouTube Videos
13. Email, Messaging & Keeping in Touch
14. Organizing Your Life
15. Shopping for Apps, Games & Media
16. Maps & Navigation
17. Shooting, Viewing & Managing Photos
18. Nexus Care & Troubleshooting
About the Author
Chris Kennedy is a technical writer based in Boulder, Colorado. When he's not typing, Chris climbs rocks, revises his screenplays, and reads the journals of polar explorers.
- Category: Computers
- Published: 08 March 2014
- Publisher: Questing Vole Press
- Seller: Questing Vole Press
- Print Length: 290 Pages
- Language: English