What Does Super Jonny Do When Mom Gets Sick? (U.S. version)
An Empowering Tale
Simone Colwill & Jasmine Ting
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Jonny is a little superhero with a BIG problem. His Mom is sick. How can he help?
JOIN Jonny and Bear, as they go to the hospital to investigate.
LEARN who the staff working in the hospital are and what they do.
DISCOVER Jonny's secret weapon.
Why do DOCTORS buy Super Jonny for their waiting rooms?
1. They LOVE the message. (It's suitable for ALL AGES!).
2. It TEACHES patients about hospitals
3. It is suitable for ALL PATIENTS (multi-disciplinary).
4. They LOVE the fact that teachers can use Super Jonny to support a patient's family.
5. It has great reviews from 3 sectors.
Why do TEACHERS buy Super Jonny for their schools?
1. Although the story is about Mum, it applies to ANY family member (Mum, Dad, sibling, grandparent, aunt, uncle).
2. THEMES include problem solving, critical thinking, persistence and empathy.
3. The question page LINKS to the common core (U.S), England, and NZ
4. Super Jonny can be used in the classroom.
Super Jonny also includes a page of suggestions, which would help ANY PATIENT preparing for a hospital admission.
For more info see sickmom.org
Suitable for ages 2-9 years (because of subject matter).
- Category: Fiction
- Published: 15 October 2014
- Publisher: Books For Caring Kids
- Seller: Mint Associates Ltd
- Print Length: 38 Pages
- Language: English