By Portable Knowledge, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GoogleTalk, Facebook Chat, and XMPP IM (Jabber) client for iOS devices. Designed for the iPad, but equally useful on iPhone and compatible with iOS 4.
- Supports quick app switching on iOS4 (leave the app during a chat session to do something else, come back, and any messages sent to your during that time will show up)
- Complete integration with the Google Talk network, including support for Google Apps accounts
- Also compatible with any other XMPP/Jabber IM server
- NO 3rd party server -- all connections are directly from your device to your XMPP server (Google, Facebook, etc.)
- Send and receive Chat State Notifications (know when someone is writing a message to you!)
- XMPP Message Receipts: Sent text turns darker when your contact (with compatible client) has read the message you sent
- One-finger swipe to switch between multiple simultaneous chats
- See entire chat history (to and from all contacts) in one place, in real time
- Save and email chat transcripts
- Contacts integrated with device Address Book
- Contacts can be assigned to multiple groups
- Add and remove contacts within the app
- Supports multiple account configurations
- Auto-login on app start
What's next for Crosstalk?
We're actively working on the next version of Crosstalk. Upcoming features include:
- True, full support for Multi-User Chat (chat rooms)
- Off-the-Record chats (no chat history saved on server)
- User-settable presence (Available, Away, etc.)
- Privacy Lists
- Tighter integration with Facebook chat
- Other features as requested by users (leave us an email at the support address, or leave a comment -- but know that we can not respond to comments)
Remember, you can buy Crosstalk today and get all these features for free when updates come out!
- USD 1.99
- Category: Social Networking
- Released: 31 March 2012
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 2.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Portable Knowledge, LLC
- © 2010 Portable Knowledge, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.