Lattice Grid Free
By Rhino Loft
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Lattice Grid is a great maths activity which makes it easy and fun to multiply large numbers by using a grid or lattice.
The lattice or sieve method makes it easier to calculate results by splitting the multiplication process into smaller steps, which includes both multiplication and addition phases.
Lattice multiplication dates back to the 12th century when it was used by famous mathematicians such as Fibonacci and Leonard DaVinci.
The majority of schools today teach this method when multiplying large numbers.
This is a great way for students to practice large and small multiplication problems.
So, how does it work
* During the multiplication phase, the lattice is filled in with two-digit products of the corresponding digits from each row and column.
* During the addition phase, the lattice is summed on the diagonals, if necessary the ten's digits are carried to the next diagonal.
* Finally, the answer as shown along the left and bottom sides of the lattice.
* Multiply numbers between 2 and 6 digits.
* Specify the multiplier and multiplicand numbers, or they can be randomly generated.
* Configure the default number of digits when using the random feature.
* Multiplication and addition "Tips" can be turned off, to make it that little bit more challenging.
- Category: Education
- Released: 07 April 2012
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 4.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Rhino Loft Pty Ltd
- © 2012 Rhino Loft Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.