By Belledonne Communications SARL
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Linphone is an open source internet phone or Voice Over IP phone (VoIP), compatible with the SIP protocol.
Linphone can be used with a large number of SIP-compatible VoIP service providers.
If you subscribe a VoIP to PSTN (=classic telephony) account to a telecom provider, you can reach everyone that has a "classic" phone line.
Alernatively, linphone.org provides free SIP accounts to make audio & video calls over the internet at no cost.
List of supported features:
-audio with the following codecs: speex (narrow band and wideband), G711 (ulaw,alaw),ILBC, GSM, SILK, G722, OPUS, AAC-ELD
-secured call (SIP TLS/SRTP)
-video with the VP8 codec (H264 & MPEG4 on demand )
-Address book integration
-DTMF (telephone tones) support using SIP INFO or RFC2833
What's New in Version 2.1.2
- Fixed VP8 video quality issue
- Better video bitrate handling, should enhance video quality on bumpy networks
- Fixed audio ring sometimes not stopping (iOS7)
- Fixed some graphical glitches
- Exotic characters are now removed from username when creating a new account.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 22 November 2013
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 9.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, Russian
- Developer: Belledonne communications
- © 2012 Belledonne communications
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.