Magic Stave Midi Recorder
By Farnell Computer Services Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Magic Stave listens to you singing or playing a musical instrument and displays the sound as notes on a music stave and shows the note positions on a piano keyboard, guitar fretboard or violin fingerboard.
Magic Stave can analyze your playing/singing and record a MIDI file from it. You can then play the MIDI recording back through the built-in MIDI player. Share your MIDI files via Airdrop, DROPBOX, MMS or email. Whenever inspiration comes to you, you can sing/play your ideas as MIDI and share. No need for a MIDI keyboard!
Automatically detects the key signature you're singing/playing.
Has a built-in tuner so you can see exactly how sharp or flat you are or tune your instrument to.
See for yourself in the YouTube demo - search YouTube for 'magic stave'.
A brilliant tool for seasoned music professionals and beginners alike. Ideal for supporting you as you learn to read music or vocalists away from an instrument and want to know whether you're singing in tune.
Learning to read music and not sure whether the note you're playing is right? Magic Stave shows you the note you're actually playing and you can compare that with the sheet music you're reading to check you've hit the right note. All in the correct key signature.
Are you a singer reading music? Magic Stave will display the notes you're singing so you can ensure you're hitting the right note! Magic Stave can automatically tell you the key you're singing in too!
Ever wondered how high or low you can sing? Magic Stave will show you instantly. Works great with all transposing instruments too.
- MIDI records detected notes.
- Play MIDI recordings in the App.
- Auto detect key signature.
- Share MIDI recordings via Airdrop/DROPBOX/MMS/Email
- Note History
- Display notes on Grand, Treble or Bass Clefs.
- Display notes in any major or minor keys.
- Display notes on a piano keyboard.
- Display notes on a guitar fretboard.
- Display notes on a violin fingerboard with fingering tapes.
- Display note names, european names and optional octave information,
- Display the frequencies of detected notes.
- Cent Tuning Meter.
- Transposes detected notes up to 12 semitones up or down
- Will detect notes accurately and fast in the range C2 to C6
- Allows the configuration of the reference A frequency (just in case your piano is not quite in tune!).
Works with iPod Touches if you plug in a microphone too. Note that this app detects monophonic sounds (not chords).
What's New in Version 2.1.2
Minor change to the help system, more gracious handling of when the App doesn't have permission to access the microphone and the App is now available in french!
I love feedback so email me if you have ideas for things you'd like to see in the App!
- USD 2.99
- Category: Music
- Updated: 16 March 2015
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 3.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, Italian
- Developer: James Jeffery
- © Farnell Computer Services Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.