By Narrative Magazine, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Narrative Magazine app brings first-rank fiction, poetry, and nonfiction to the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch for free. Read stories from award-winning authors such as Sherman Alexie, Rick Bass, Ann Beattie, T. C. Boyle, Robert Olen Butler, E. L. Doctorow, Jennifer Egan, Gail Godwin, Jim Harrison, James Joyce, Jhumpa Lahiri, Alice Munro, Joyce Carol Oates, and James Salter. Named “the gold standard in online literary magazines,” Narrative is the leading publisher of new literature by both celebrated and emerging authors. Narrative is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing the literary arts in the digital age by supporting the finest writing talent and encouraging readership around the world. With the app you may:
• Browse and select stories, essays, and poems from the current issue of Narrative Magazine as well as from our extensive archives.
• Read the stories using the easy-to-use, built-in eReader. Change the text size, color, and font to customize the eReader to your liking.
• View cartoons, graphic stories, and image galleries.
• Listen to and watch authors reading their stories in the Narrative Outloud section.
• Enjoy the Story of the Week, Classics, Features, and our new ultra-short iStories and iPoems.
• Read downloaded stories when disconnected from the network (perfect for long airplane rides!). Save or delete stories on your device as you see fit.
• Turn on and off sections of the magazine (Fiction, Nonfiction, Cartoons, Poetry, etc.) so that you see only what you’re interested in.
Donations: Narrative pays its authors but provides the magazine to readers for free. As a nonprofit organization, a substantial portion of our budget comes from individual donations. If you value Narrative Magazine, please donate at www.narrativemagazine.com/donate.
Sign-up Required: When the application starts up for the first time, existing users are asked for their account’s email address. New users are asked for their first name, last name, and email address and are then automatically registered. Users of Narrative Magazine are sent the Story of the Week and other emails by default but can easily opt out if they do not wish to receive these emails.
Bug Reports and Feedback: If you encounter any bugs or have any suggestions for improvement, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
This version fixes a bug preventing some users from registering and activating the app from an iPad.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 29 April 2013
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 2.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Narrative Magazine, Inc.
- © Tom Jenks and Carol Edgarian, Narrative Magazine, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.