WordBook English Dictionary and Thesaurus
By TranCreative Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
FEATURES that make WordBook stand out from other dictionary apps:
★ Professionally recorded pronunciation for every single entry
★ Word origin information (Etymologies)
★ Smart spelling suggestions
★ Favorite word management
The all-time top paid iPhone/iPad dictionary app WordBook is now available on the Mac. WordBook is a comprehensive, quick and intuitive dictionary and thesaurus of the English language. It's a great combination of comprehensive contents and fast intuitive interface.
* 150,000 entries with more than 220,000 definitions, 70,000 usage samples
* 23,000 root word origins (etymologies)
* 120,000 pronunciation guides in International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) and other notations
* Spoken pronunciations (for all entries)
* Built-in thesaurus and word links connecting words semantically
* Favorite word list and history management
* Browser-like definition content navigation, ability to tap on any word in the content to look up its definition
- WordBook does not required an internet connection except to play online pronunciation voices.
- WordBook includes entries of both American/British spellings. Definitions are written in American English.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Fixed issue with audio not playing in latest Mac OS update
- Word Puzzle Helper (wildcard search)