Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Storing your documents in cloud and view them from your iPad? You need EncGoo. Working together with EncGooMac, you can upload documents from you Mac machine to Google Docs, and then view them from your iPad. More importantly, you documents are secured!
Why EncGoo? Think about the bank safe deposit box. You store your valuable possessions in your bank, but you keep the key to the box. Your documents and photos are definitely your valuable possessions as well. If you want to store your documents in Google Docs, you as the owner always want to hold the keys.
Then here comes EncGoo. It stands for Encrypted Google Docs, and it is an iPad application that protects documents uploaded to Google Docs.
EncGoo allows you to encrypt files before uploading them to Google Docs. It also allows you to view encrypted files (PDF, MS Offices, JPG) stored in Google Docs from iPad. By sharing public keys, EncGoo even allows sharing encrypted documents with friends.
Each document is encrypted by military strength AES-256 algorithm. All the keys are stored in a local database in your iPad, and the database is protected by password. When you share a document with another EncGoo user, RSA 1024 public key is used to encrypt the document key being sent by email. The shared document remains encrypted, so that only you and your friend who received the key can view it.
* Support file syncing using iTune;
* Encrypt a file using AES-256 algorithm, store the document key in local database, and upload the encrypted file to Google_Docs;
* Local database is protected by password;
* Download an encrypted file from Google Docs and query its key automatically;
* Decrypt the file and render it.
* Support MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, PDF, and JPG formats currently;
* Send the public key (RSA 1024) to a friend via email.
* Install the public key from a friend and store it in database.
* Share encrypted document with a friend by emailing the document key. The document key is encrypted by the public key from the friend.
* Stop sharing a document with a friend.
* (Optional) Batch upload from Mac. Using EncGooMac (A Mac App available from App Store), user can encrypt and upload a select file or all files from a selected folder to Google Docs, and then view them from EncGoo.
* Download and save encrypted file from Google Docs for offline viewing.
Using iTune, users can sync files to EncGoo. EncGoo can browse files stored in Google Docs or files stored locally on the device, by selecting the proper segment from the menu bar. Files stored on the device can be encrypted and then uploaded to Google Docs, to the home folder or to an existing folder. Selecting an encrypted file stored on Google Docs will download, decrypt and render the file automatically. An encrypted file stored on Google Docs can be shared with another EncGoo user following the steps below:
1) If A wants to share an encrypted document with B, B needs to send his public key to A first. B can click “Send Cert” button, and enter A's email.
2) Once A receives the cert from B, from the Mail App, A can click and hold the attachment, and select “Open in EncGoo”. This will install the public key from B. The first two steps only need to done once. The public key will be stored in the local database.
3) A can open the encrypted doc his wants to share, and click “Manage Share”. B's email shall appear in the “Share user list” table. Select B's email and click “Share doc”. An email will be sent to B with the document key, secured by his public key.
4) B can open his Mail App, and click on the attachment. Select “Open in EncGoo”, and the document key will be installed. Then he can open the shared document using EncGoo.
- USD 1.99
- Category: Productivity
- Released: 01 February 2012
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 0.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Yongjian Feng
- © EncGoo
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.