By Information Architects Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
50% OFF UNTIL NEXT UPDATE
“A practically ideal writing environment” ***** NZZ
“I thought TextEdit was simple until I tried Writer” ***** Erik Spiekermann
INNOVATIVE WRITING TECHNOLOGY
- Convert Markdown to Microsoft® Word 2007 .docx, and back again
- Auto Markdown subtly formats your text on-screen without taking your hands off the keyboard
- Focus Mode helps you write one sentence at a time, one thought at a time
- Reading Time tells you how long it takes to read your text
A better tool doesn’t make a better craftsman, but a good tool makes working a pleasure.
- Focus Mode
- Full Screen
- Auto Markdown
- Reading Time, plus word and character count
- Custom typeface, carefully set for optimal readability
- Easy-to-find strong blue cursor
- Real-time iCloud sync with folder support
- Ready for Retina displays
- Markdown ⇄ Microsoft® Word 2007 converter
1. Currently ONLY LATIN ALPHABET LANGUAGES, GREEK AND RUSSIAN are officially supported (NO Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Thai, Hebrew, Arabic etc support… yet).
2. Writer has no settings: with Writer you cannot fumble with fonts and colors. All you can do is write.
3. Writer uses plain text files, such as .txt and .md in “UTF-8” encoding.
TALK TO US
- Visit www.iawriter.com for information about Writer
- Visit support.iawriter.com for articles, support and discussion
- Let us know what you think on Twitter @iAWriter
We look forward to hearing from you!
— Information Architects Inc.
What's New in Version 1.5.1
- Microsoft® Word 2007 ⇄ Markdown converter:
-- Import .docx to Markdown (Drag’n’drop)
-- Export Markdown to .docx
- Extensive in-app help (Command-?)
- Fully HTML5 compliant export
- Reference link and image syntax support
- Format bar and shortcuts
- Print formatted option
- Print header and page numbers
- Asian input improvements
- Performance improvements
- Export fix (1.5.1)
Please let us know at support.iawriter.com or on Twitter @iawriter