Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBooks Store, where you can download the latest best-selling books or your favourite classics — day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favourite passages.
• Download best-sellers and classic books from the iBooks Store
• Find fully illustrated books, including children's picture books, designed art books, photo books, cook books and more in the iBooks Store
• Experience gorgeous full-screen Multi-Touch books filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, videos and more
• Read a free sample of any book on the iBooks Store before making it a part of your permanent collection
Great ways to read
• Choose from seven beautiful fonts and three easy-to-read page colours
• Highlight your favourite passages and add notes with the built-in bookmarking features
• Share thoughts about your favourite book with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages or Mail
• Find a word, character or phrase anywhere in your book with the built-in search feature
• Easily adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment
• Scroll through your books with the flick of a finger using the scroll view
• Use iBooks with the amazing accessibility features in iPad, iPhone and iPod touch — such as speaking the words on a given page
• Print PDF documents and notes you've written in iBooks using AirPrint
• Organise your books and PDFs into personal Collections that appear on all your devices
• Keep bookmarks, highlights, notes and your current page up to date everywhere using iCloud
• See all your iBooks Store purchases in iCloud on your bookshelf
Supports open standards
• iBooks also opens content published in the ePub and PDF formats
• Add ePub and PDF documents to iTunes and sync them to iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
• You can also add PDF documents from Mail to your iBooks PDF Collection
• The iBooks Store is available in many countries. The selection of books in the iBooks Store may vary by country
• Downloading from the iBooks Store or using iCloud features requires an Apple ID and Internet access
• Multi-Touch books created with iBooks Author can only be read using iBooks on iPad or Mac
• Adding books and PDFs from outside the iBooks Store to iBooks requires they be DRM-free
• Some PDF documents may not be compatible with iBooks
What's New in Version 3.2
iBooks has been updated with a beautiful new design for iOS 7.
This can hold my 1500+ books without crashing
I love this app, I've got more than 1,500 books and this app can hold all that without crashing. I can browse easily for words in each book. I can create several categories for the types of books I have. I just hope it will also have the same feature similar to that of Mac computers where I can type a word and all books containing that topic will be identified. I dont know if its too much to ask, but that will be a lot of help in researching. Nevertheless, five stars for such a strong app.
The new design looks horrid.
I will never update to this new dull & horrid design. And yes, it is important to me, what my app looks like because if it's not classy and well-thought out, I might as well not choose an apple product and just pick up whatever works, because they all do. All books are the same, it's the designs that make the difference. The classic design made me feel like I was reading a real book, and the new one looks like I'm staring at a whiteboard. This isn't even minimalism, it's completely depressing to look at. Makes me want to put it down and grab a real book instead. The old design was like I never put down real books, it's like the feel of real books mattered. C'mon guys can't you tell how ugly your new designs are? Really??
Does anyone get that feeling about books sometimes-like you dont want to put them down? Well i for one get that feeling A LOT. During meals or when im in bed, i have my phone in hand opened in the iBooks app reading. It's really bothering me that i should put my eating utensils down just to scroll or have to have to switch my position while in bed just so i could scroll. It would be a lot more convenient if the app has an auto-scroll just like wattpad or other reading apps.
I hope you would take to consideration this kind suggestion. Thank you :)
- Category: Books
- Updated: 14 November 2013
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 31.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2013 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.