By Nueva Caceres Technology Solutions, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTyphoon is a premium mobile application that provides reliable and relevant typhoon updates to Filipinos and the world for FREE! It has five (5) tabs: Details, Map, List, Help, and Credits.
DETAILS presents the following:
1. Heading (update number, current update date/time, next update date/time)
2. Icon (intensifying, weakening, steady)
3. Summary (Philippine typhoon name, international typhoon name, current eye location, maximum windspeed, gustiness, area of responsibility, direction and speed, heading towards location)
4. Background (no typhoon, over ocean, landfall)
5. Narrative (descriptive behavior of the typhoon)
6. Signals (Public Storm Signal Warnings issued by PAGASA (Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration)
7. Distances (distances with respect to places of interest and popular destinations)
8. Forecast (weather outlook for the next 2-5 days)
MAP displays useful visual guides:
1. Green Pin (the user-device location)
2. Weather Disturbance Icon (the disturbance location)
3. Coverage Rings (force winds and diameter)
4. Previous Tracks (according to updates)
5. Forecast Tracks (in 24, 48, and 72 hour)
REFERENCE shows the application user guide plus some useful sections that may help us understand typhoons.
CREDITS displays the developer details with links to viewing the application website, posting reviews of the application, sending user feedback to the developer, and sharing the application to friends via email.
Help us improve iTyphoon! Send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.nueca.net
What's New in Version 2.1.2
- Added offline caching on preparedness list
- Improvement on the sharing feature (Twitter and Facebook).
I first saw this App at the Nokia Store. It was very helpful especially when I want to plan trips outside my city, country, schedule road trips, or volunteer work. Now, I have installed it on all my devices... In all platforms. A must have for those who travel and for those who need to prepare/volunteer during typhoons. There will always be room for improvements, but so far I like it. Thanks for developing this App.
Very Good Application
I hope immediate update of weather will continue in the future. Please add a push notification of weather update esp if there are incoming typhoons, and caterory signals if it has already touched down. Thanks for this excellent app.
I've been using this app since my iPhone 4s and so far this is the best typhoon tracking in the Philippines. I hope they continue to improve the app. Thanks!
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 20 June 2013
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 13.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Nueva Caceres Technology Solutions, Inc.
- © Nueva Caceres Technology Solutions, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.