Have fun while learning a language with Memrise. The more you enjoy learning, the more (and quicker) your skills will develop. This is why entertainment mixed with real-life, relevant content is at the very core of the Memrise foreign language learning experience.
Learn Spanish, French, Japanese, Italian, German, Korean, Arabic, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese, Danish, Swedish, Polish, Norwegian, Turkish, Dutch, Icelandic, Mongolian or even English.
Best of 2016
iPad App of the Year – Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark
Do you want to connect with the world? Get ready for your next trip or adventure abroad? Improve your grammar? Then join our community of over 30 million language learners and develop real-life language skills through a rich variety of easy-to-use games, innovative chatbots and over 30,000 native speaker videos. Learning a new language has never been so simple!
- OBJECT RECOGNITION: Explore the world around you and learn new vocab on the go. Scan your surroundings and snap a pic. Save images and the snapped object’s name in your chosen language.
- Learn with Locals: Real people helping you learn real, everyday language in context.
- A variety of exciting interactive games to learn and practice: Speed Review, Listening Skills, Difficult Words, Classic Review…
- Pronunciation guide: Speak like a local by recording and comparing your pronunciation with locals.
- Offline mode: Put your language skills to the test whenever and wherever is convenient for you.
- Daily goals: Learn as many or as few words a day as you like, Memrise is tailored to you.
Why learn a new language with Memrise? For our international team, nothing is more special than the ability to connect with new countries and cultures through language, and we want to share this with you! This is why we only teach useful, everyday words and phrases that enable you to have real conversations with real people.
How? Our talented linguists and language experts work side-by-side with our world-class team of developers to create the very best language courses and games that are simple, enjoyable and accessible to everyone.
Download the Memrise language learning app and start your language journey now.
One-month subscription for £6.99
Three-month subscription for £13.99
Twelve-month subscription for £44.99
Lifetime subscription for £179.99
You will need a Memrise subscription in order to access all courses and features. Courses available may vary depending on the language of your device.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
Follow us on social media for inspiration on your foray into the language learning world:
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/memrise/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/memrise
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/memrise/
The summer holidays are over. Get your pencils sharpened. Check the batteries of your calculator. It's time to head back to school! Luckily, Memrise is here to help by adding the essential school supplies to our Explore feature, now optimised for iOS 12 plus we have made a few other UI improvements so make sure you upgrade.
Ratings and Reviews
With Memrise, language learning’s a game—the irresistible kind that anyone can pick up and play. It teaches you everyday words and phrases—perfect for your next trip abroad—and reinforces them with fun quizzes and playful images. We get an awesome sense of progress every time we use it.
Good for learning vocabulary
The app is very easy to use. I like most the possibility to include my own 'hints' , it really helps in the beginning. I also believe the app remembers well what I make wrong so it will confront you with these words more often.
The bad side is that sometimes is confusing how to proceed. You see only "next review" button and continue to review things you already knew endlessly :(
It doesn't have an "automatic guidance system" like in other apps. Besides, it's content is somewhat rigid (i.e. every question must begin with est-ce que...)
Memrise has helped me a lot in learning a new language. No app has aided people as efficiently as this. I appreciate your kindness. 😄❤️ I don’t have the excess budget to buy the pro version so I stick with the free one. However, after reinstalling the app I was returned to the launchpad and could’t advance anymore even after finishing that stage. Is this the end for the free users? I just want to clarify because I reached Mandarin 2 before and it’s really enjoyable. Also got this cute Lvl 7 crab. Thanks, Memrise!
- 142.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Memrise
- In-App Purchases
- 1-Month Pro Subscription ₱ 439.00
- Memrise Pro ₱ 1,490.00
- 1 Year Pro Subscription ₱ 2,990.00
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.