* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
The brand new, redesigned Messenger app is now easier to use, simpler to navigate and more fun.
Messenger has been simplified into three tabs—People, Chat and Explore.
-Chat tab lets you quickly access all your messages (1:1 and groups), video chat, call, use the camera and even catch up on friends' Stories.
-People tab helps you find friends, both new and old.
-Explore tab connects you to your favorite brands, find discounts, play games and more in explore.
Plus, new color gradients make your chat more colorful too!
Ratings and Reviews
The app is great and all, the only problem is this bug that prevents me from accessing all of my recent messages; whether it’s from a direct message to a friend or a group chat. All of these contacts and group chats seem to have disappeared and will always prompt me to “wave” the particular person or create a new message. Whenever I open a contact whom I have sent message before, the messages will not load and would always show the error “Couldn’t load messages.” Any further messages will end up not getting sent despite showing that it was succesful in sending the message. Furthermore, any attempts to access any form of chat either through Facebook, Messenger and its website counterparts will always fail and continue to show the bug. Please fix this bug as soon as possible so we may be able to contact our friends and family using this app.
No voice on video call
My messenger is messed up again, it has been corrected when I wrote you before. But after i have updated it the previous problem happened again. Whenever i make video call i have to use my headset for the person on the other end to hear me. What’s happening to my messenger? I’ve uninstalled it and installed it numerous times again after the update, but still during video call the other party can’t hear me. There has been previous updates, but still, I can’t be heard by the person I’m calling during video calls. Please help! I’ve just updated the messenger hoping that it will correct the no audio during video but still, no audio to the other party. I can hear them but they can’t hear me. Please do something about this.
This is getting serious. At first there wasn’t any sound during video calls. Now there isn’t any sound on video that is sent thru messenger.
Calls using Viber and FaceTime is perfectly fine. What’s wrong with messenger????? I’ve uninstalled and installed it so many times! I’ve updated it every time there is an update, but instead of it getting better it’s getting worst. Please do something please
i love how easy it is to use this app and it makes contacting your loved once just as simple as a click away but there are a few things i’m having problems with and some of these i believe are caused by bugs. firstly, the “active” feature doesn’t work on my account even if i try logging into other devices, people who i’m pretty sure are active and talking to me at the moment don’t show up as “active” but instead shows up as “active 1 min ago” and when someone messages you, you automatically become “active” for example, you’re asleep but you receive a message from somebody, that person will think you’re active because messenger marks you as “active” even if you are nowhere near your device. secondly, in the middle of calls i’m having, messenger suddenly ends it even if my wi-fi connection is working just fine and so is the person on the other line’s connection. thirdly, this has been happening to me most of the time and my friends as well, the ellipsis that shows that the person is typing is usually just a glitch. it shows that the person is typing when they’re actually not which makes the receiver unhappy because they think that they’re going to be receiving a message when it turns out to be false. lastly, the chat streak feature suddenly disappeared even though you messaged that certain person within the 24-hour period. i hope you could address these problems as soon as possible because many of us users are having trouble with these issues.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 228.3 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.