MetricClock for iPad Free
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MetricClock is a new way of looking at time*. The 12-hour clock in common use today was conceived when humans had twelve fingers. Evolve!
The MetricClock divides the day into 10 hours (decidays), and each hour into 100 minutes (millidays), and each minute into 100 seconds. This is a waaay more convenient way of thinking about time. Consider some examples:
At 2.50, the day is one fourth over.
At 5.00, the day is half over.
At 9.99, the day is very nearly past.
Further, we've extended the concept of metric time beyond just today. You can choose to display along the bottom of the clock a slider indicating the portion of the day that has past. In some countries the proportion of the year that has past is printed on the monthly calendar, so we've included an option to display the portion of the year that has past.
User Note: Here are some clarifications on how to use the MetricClock.
- To move the clock, tap near the top of the screen, select Move Clock, and drag the clock to the desired position.
- To resize the clock, tap near the top of the screen, select Move Clock, and use two fingers to set the size of the clock.
Be sure to check out the full version of Metric Clock to get even more features, such as:
- No advertisements!
- Use your photos as the clock background
- Change the color of the face of the clock
- Analog or digital display
- Display of second hand
- Normal (12-hour) clock display
- Metric age clock: in addition to the display of the fraction of the day and year that has past, you can have the metric clock display the fraction of your life that has past!
* Actually, the French tried to introduce a Metric system for time measurement at the time of their revolution in the late 18th century, so this is not a new idea. For some reason, the Metric system has been adopted in many other respects, but Time has had to wait. Until now!
What's New in Version 1.4
** Features from paid version trickling down to free version:
Use photos from your iPad for the clock background!
Set the clock color!