Metro Magazine is the premier Philippine fashion magazine of ABS-CBN Publishing, Inc., a division of media giant ABS-CBN Corporation.
It is the first Philippine magazine available on the iPad, allowing readers to download the Metro Magazine iPad edition issues that come out on a monthly basis.
The app is FREE to download and so are several issues. The most recent paid issues have been improved and now contain exclusive content plus more interactive features suited for style who is hungry for lifestyle and fashion trends.
Some important reminders while downloading:
1. Some issues may contain a lot of exclusive photos & behind-the scenes content. Therefore, it is recommended that you have a very reliable internet connection so that the download process won’t be interrupted.
2. The app provides notifications when it comes to your download progress. 50% means that you have downloaded half of the issue already. When it reaches 100%, wait for the issue to initialize for a few more seconds until you have downloaded it completely. You can always tap the cover image to pause and resume the download process or start reading pages that you like while downloading. In case you encounter an error in downloading due to disconnection of your internet access at some point, you can always do a refresh by either manually resuming download or by restarting the download completely. You can restart the download process by pressing the cover image until an “X” icon appears in the upper right corner of the cover image. You can press that icon to remove the issue. To resume download, just go back to the “Store” tab & select the desired issue again.
Subscribe now to Metro Magazine for six or twelve months.
-subscribe for six months for 4.99 US$ or subscribe for twelve months 9.99 US$
– Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
– No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
_ Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Ratings and Reviews
The first of its class
It is great to know that local magazines in the Philippines are slowly adapting to the fast changing world directed by ever evolving technology trends specially in terms of mobility.
It is very decent that Metro Magazine Philippines introduced this first ever local magazine application for the iPad. It made the techie plus the bookish plus the fashionista plus the entertainment-savvy personalities of most people come together in one.
There are several things that I am sure would give this application a two thumbs up from the people who downloaded it. The ease-of-use, the appearance, the navigation, and the color plus the very fact that this application is free defines a new trend in magazine reading and ownership.
The application's easy to navigate and user friendly screens give every reader a very exciting and classy feel to this e-magazine. Controls are very much easy to learn even without reading instructions. All you need to know is how the touch the screen, slide up or down, left or right. It is that easy!
The crisp in color and detail of the pages seem to be very outstanding. Indeed, it is way better the the printed ones.
With the introduction of this first ever e-magazine in the Philippines, surely it would be trend that most publishers would follow. We will just await for more and more magazines apps made for the iPad. Knocking on other publishers' doors.
Can't download the april 2011 issue
Just installed this app and downloaded the first. However, at the installation process it encountered an error. I tried repeating the process but still got the same result. Given this issue is not free, I expect it to be fixed IMMEDIATELY or the credit back of the cost to my account. Abs-Cbn, nothing less than a quick revert is expected of you.
I also had a problem downloading the latest issue when the update came. I did not have a problem with the first issue, i was also able to download the second but when i updated it, i can't download any issues now. Pls fix ASAP so we can continue enjoying your beautiful magazine.
- ABS-CBN Publishing Inc
- 22 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 ABS-CBN Publishing Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- March 2011 ₱ 49.00
- August 2011 ₱ 49.00
- April 2011 ₱ 49.00
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.