By Rade Eccles
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"A new and invaluable app that will help you keep track of your spending habits." -MakeUseOf.com
The key objective of Money Engine is to help you gain valuable insight into your spending patterns so you can make informed decisions on how to best alter existing spending habits in a way that will positively impact your financial outlook.
"It's going to be a great companion."
Very Slick and Polished
"Love the simple yet powerful design."
Just What I Needed and More
"Easy to add transactions, customizable categories, simple analysis, reports, and a very nice interface that makes it a joy to use. This one is worth buying."
Understanding where your money goes and identifying where you can cut back is the first step many people are required take to achieve financial freedom. By tracking your non-recurring, point-of-purchase transactions and analyzing the results you can then take rational steps towards cutting back and saving as much as possible.
WHAT'S NEW IN V1.1
* Region Change Bug Fix
* Secure Pin Functionality
* Edit Names of Existing Master Data
* Navigate Transaction Entry Fields Without Dismissing Pickers and Keyboards
HOW IT WORKS
Money Engine is specifically designed to help you gain a better understanding of your non-recurring, point-of-purchase spending because this type of spending is the easiest, and often the only, type of spending that can be changed when you need to cut back and save. Most of us can’t easily change a mortgage or a car payment, insurance, communications expenses, utilities, etc. Many of us are already using financial tools and software to help manage these fixed, recurring expenses anyway.
What is harder to grasp is where “the rest” of the money goes. By tracking just the non-recurring point-of-purchase transactions you can avoid skewing the dataset with aspects of your financial obligations that, for the most part, cannot be changed. This maximizes the power of Money Engine to achieve its key objective by simplifying data entry and reserving bar chart columns and pie chart slices for those areas most likely to make a difference in your financial situation.
Please see the "Using Money Engine" guide on our website for tips and tricks on how best to configure and use Money Engine to support your needs.
* Please check the status of known issues or submit any questions or issues through the Settings -> Tech Support option in the app or visit our website support page at http://www.radeeccles.com/support.html. We respond to every question or issue submitted in this manner.
* We cannot contact you or provide any assistance if you simply leave a comment in the app store.
* Record a transaction in seconds... anytime, anywhere
* Quickly filter and sort data with just a few taps
* Rich visual representations of data with bar and pie charts
* Convenient dashboard summarization of short and long term total spending
* Historical analytics allowing for comparison and contrast of aggregate data sets
* Easy access to lists of transaction details
* User configurable reports and data sets by filtering on any transaction data element
* Fully customizable types, categories, and locations
* Add a pin for secure access
* An elegant and fun-to-use interface
* A display toggle allowing a choice between maximizing the space available for data or emphasizing transaction entry capability and total spending for the period
* Easily migrate and backup the database and custom reports from device to device with file sharing (iOS 3.2 or later)
* First class in-app technical support
Money Engine 2.0 is just around the corner!
What's New in Version 1.3
* Update for iPhone 5 and iOS 6
* Fixed Crash Reporting functionality
* Minor bug fixes
- USD 2.99
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 07 May 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 5.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Rade Eccles
- © 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.