Mosby’s Drug Reference for Health Professions
By MobiSystems, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
From Abilify to Zyrtec and nearly every drug in between, Mosby's Drug Reference for Health Professions, 3rd Edition is the must-have item for every current or aspiring health professional in the field today. Filled with the details you need to know about your clients' or patients' medications, this edition features concise, reliable information that is easy to navigate and simple to follow. Key details are presented in short monographs for 1,000 generic drugs (including 4,500 trade-name drugs) that are listed alphabetically. Precautions and considerations sections are written with health professionals in mind to ensure that you have the most relevant and current content applicable to your field of practice.
* Up-to-date information throughout includes new chemotherapy, ophthalmic, and other pertinent drugs.
* Monograph sections include: drug name, pronunciation, trade name(s), category and schedule, classification, mechanism of action, pharmacokinetics, availability, indications and dosages, contraindications, interactions (drug, herbal, and food), diagnostic test effects, side effects, serious reactions, and precautions and considerations.
* The precautions and considerations sections for each drug monograph are written specifically for the health professions and include important information on storage and administration, highlighting those drugs that require special care in order to maintain potency.
* Useful appendices cover topics such as Error-Prone Drug Name Abbreviations with the Joint Commission's most up-to-date "Do Not Use" list, Normal Laboratory Values, English-to-Spanish Drug Phrase Translator, and more.
* Lifespan content presents geriatric, pediatric, and pregnancy considerations, providing the answers you need when working with a variety of clients.
* Easy-to-spot icons identify special drug information, including IV compatibilities/incompatibilities and high alert warnings.
Also includes advanced search tools and features that have become the staple of quality reference apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
* 'Flashcards' give you the opportunity to use newly learnt words
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 8.5.4
NEW! Invite friends - Share the app with your friends and let them know about this great reference tool!
NEW! Shortcuts for iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S+ and iPhone7 users only:
* invite and share with friends;
* review 'Word of the day' entries;
* access the camera look-up feature;
* search within the extensive database of the dictionary.
- ₱ 2,450.00
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 23 January 2017
- Version: 8.5.4
- Size: 73.1 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan
- Developer: MobiSystems, Inc.
- © 2017 MobiSystems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.