Naperville Public Library
By Naperville Public Library
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Naperville Public Library now offers a MOBILE APP for all mobile phones and devices connected to the internet. You can instantly tap into library resources, anytime, anywhere. It is like having a pocket library in your hand. Our mobile app puts library information just one click away with much faster access than going through a browser. Our NPL mobile app will deliver a complete new level of efficiency for you. With this app, you can search our catalog, place items on hold, and download e-books and MP3 audiobooks directly to your device. This app will also provide access to most features of your account. You can even view the NPL Event Calendar and Reading Lists with this app. We encourage everyone to take advantage of this new way to use the library by downloading our app.
NPL Mobile APP Features:
1. Catalog Search - Just type the first few letters of two or three words and search results will begin to appear. For example, if you’re looking up Mark Twain in the catalog, just type "ma twa." Once you find the title you’re looking for, you can place it on hold right from your phone.
2. My Account- Manage your accounts including placing holds, renewals, and ePayment.
3. Library Locator – Find the location of our Libraries, hours of operation and contact information. It uses GPS to offer directions from where you are.
4. Ask Us – Ready access to our staff via text, email or phone.
5. Events - Anytime, anywhere access to our calendar of events.
6. Reading Lists – Browse the reading lists of Newly Arrived, Coming Soon and Popular and place holds instantly.
7. eBooks & more –One-click access to OverDrive to find and download titles. The OverDrive app is still required to read the eBooks.
8. BookLook - Enter or scan the ISBN barcodes of books you find in bookstores to see if we have them at our library. If we do, you can place a hold on it right from your phone.
9. BookCheck- Instantly checkout a book, DVD or CD from anywhere within our library without waiting in line.
10. Mobile Databases – Enjoy databases designed for smartphone users, launch mobile apps such as EBSCO Host, AccessMyLibrary (Gale), and Mango.
11. Online Databases –Enjoy all of our databases within this app. This is especially useful to users of iPad, Android tablet, or Windows Mobile tablet.
There is a whole world of possibilities at NPL, now it is available on your mobile device. Enjoy!
- Category: Education
- Released: 21 April 2012
- Version: 4.64
- Size: 3.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Developer: Naperville Public Library
- © 2012 Boopsie Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.