Philly Beer Week 2011
By Flying Jalapeno
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The only way to experience Philly Beer Week 2011!
Philly Beer Week (June 3-12, 2011) is a 10-day celebration of the Best Beer Drinking City in America. Philly Beer Week highlights the region's diverse beer scene - its world-class breweries, neighborhood taverns, trend-setting restaurants, and rich beer culture. In 2009, there were over 700 events at 168 venues. In 2010, there are 1000 events scheduled at 195 venues.
To any mere beer-drinking mortal, there are so many events happening that it can be overwhelming.
As obsessive fans of Philly Beer Week we decided to make an app that would help maximize your Philly Beer Week experience:
1) Find out about what events are going on now
2) Browse events going on during Philly Beer Week
3) View details on an event
4) Build a personalized schedule
The Now screen on the first tab is your dashboard for finding out what is going today.
*Twitter: What is @PhillyBeerWeek saying? You'll see their latest
tweet. What are other people tweeting? Tap on the tweet view to see the last 20 tweets people have made about Philly Beer Week.
*Favorites: What is your schedule like? You'll see up to two of your next favorited events on your personalized schedule, and you can easily get to all of your favorited events by touching 'More'. Favorited events will still be displayed even if they are not today, to give you a heads up.
*What's Next: Just the next 3 events coming up on the official
schedule for today.
*Soon: See all of the events on the official schedule for today.
*Near: If GPS is available on your iPhone, displays the next 3 events on the official schedule that you are closest to.
*By Neighborhood: See all of the events going on today in a particular neighborhood (e.g. West Philly).
*By Category: See all of the types of events going on today (Beer Dinner, Beer Festival, Beer Special, Beer Tasting, Competition, Education, Firkin, Meet the Brewer, Music, New Product, and Other).
To browse what is going on during Philly Beer Week, you can find events through the Calendar, Venue, and Brewery tabs.
*All events: See all of the events that are going on for a particular day during Philly Beer Week (June 4-13, 2010). Sort by 'Soonest' or 'Closest'. Tap the Map button to see where the events are happening for that day.
*Favorite Events: See all of your favorited events for a particular day. Sort by 'Soonest' or 'Closest' to find out where you need to go. Tap the Map button to see where you should go that day.
*You can browse the 195 venues by their neighborhood location or by name. If you know the name of the venue, touch the small magnifying glass on the thin right-hand quick navigation bar and you can search quickly by typing in the name. Tap on the venue to see its full list of events. Tap the Map button to browse a map of all 195 venues and the number of events scheduled at each venue.
*All 35 participating breweries are displayed here. Tap on the brewery to see the full list of events that are associated with your favorite brewery.
On any event list, tapping on the event will bring up the Event Info:
* Favorite star: Tap on the Star to add the event to your personal itinerary that will be shown in Now - Favorites and Calendar -Favorite Events.
* Name of the event
* Time, date, and day of the event
* Type of event
* Neighborhood the event is in
* Distance the venue is from your current location (if GPS enabled)
* Venue: Tap on the venue name to see the address. Tap on the phone number to call the venue. To get directions, tap on the small Map icon or Map button.
* Breweries: The breweries that are associated with the event. Tap on each brewery to see the location of the brewery. Tap on the website to bring up the brewery's website in a mini-browser without leaving the app.
* Your safety is important. We've provided a list of Philly-area Taxi's.
What's New in Version 2.0.5
Improve iOS 5 compatibility
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 19 November 2011
- Version: 2.0.5
- Size: 5.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Flying Jalapeno
- © 2011, Flying Jalapeño
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.