Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Relax and bliss out while playing with colorful clouds of space dust! PixelSwarm is a particle system for iOS that responds to your touch with beautiful swirls of pattern and motion.
Other trippy particle toys might claim to be the best, the fastest, or the most advanced... but they just don't compare! With more particles to play with, more types of particles to choose from, more color options, more controls over behaviors, and more randomization than ever, PixelSwarm can generate over 9 × 10^236 unique effects... that's a nine with two hundred and thirty six zeroes behind it! The variety of designs you can create is breathtaking.
PixelSwarm has four swarms of three types that all behave in different ways, so you can experiment with touches, gestures, and settings to create all sorts of crazy visuals. Tap it, stroke it, press and hold multiple fingertips... Find stable orbits, create washes of color, toss dots from finger to finger and play catch... You'll have to play and explore to find out everything it can do.
Just shake your device to bring up the settings menu. Bristling with options, it's a gearhead's dream! There are a whopping 73 settings all working together in harmony to help you create an endless variety of hypnotic effects!
With an engine that takes advantage of Apple's latest hardware's acceleration, PixelSwarm's graphics are lush and smooth, with up to 24000 particles at your whim. That's a lot of particles!
At Wunderkemmer we take our eye candy seriously.
What's New in Version 1.6
It's the Dave T. Edition, with less clumping, six new controls, and two new presets!
- Tune the dustiness of your Gravity Dust, scattering it across space and time!
- Increase your Gravity Bees' fondness for whirling. Make them orbit your finger like little dervishes!
- Individually tweak the intensity of each swarmlet! You can fade them down to almost nothing... ghostly effects and subtle colors are now much easier to create.
- The 'Bug Powder Dust' preset, it's like a raver exploded!
- The 'Christmas Cactus' preset, flowering just in time for the holidays!
- A higher version number!
Plus all the sweet changes from the last release:
- Save and load your swarms
- Choose from 20 beautiful presets
- Copy swarms to and from iTunes
- Color cycling Spray & Prays
- Effects that track individual touches
- Smoked glass menus
- Bees that wander when bored
- Social networking
- The ever important link to online instructions
And a single fix:
- Stomped a lame Gravity Bees gravity bug! A max of 1000? Um, no. More like 2, thanks!
Thanks for the awesome suggestions, Dave.
I wish this was free! If it was i would get it...
- USD 0.99
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 23 December 2010
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 4.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Peter Kemmer
- © 2010 Wunderkemmer
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.