Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device, built for creative professionals. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 136 incredible brushes, an advanced layer system, and is powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend colour with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimised for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Massive Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro 12.9" and 10.5”
- Powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- Stunning 64-bit colour
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimised for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature makes perfect shapes instantly
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Advanced QuickMenu for rapid interface interaction
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 136 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- Over 50 customisable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes and sets
- Import and export custom brushes
• Advanced Layering System:
- Layer your artwork for precise control over individual elements
- Use Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access 17 layer blend modes for professional compositing
• Colour Without Compromise:
- 64-bit colour for greater accuracy
- P3 Wide Colour support
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Input RGB or hex values for exact colour matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Colour Balance, Image Curves, HSB, Recolour
• Powerful Drawing Guides:
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
• Groundbreaking Video Features
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s Time-lapse Replay
- Broadcast your process live with your favourite streaming service
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, and palettes between applications
- Import or export Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
We’re back with a few repairs and a coat of polish.
- Fixed a bug with undoing Freehand Selection
- Applying blurs to a selection now works correctly
- Fixed a crash when Undoing Select Layer
- Multitasking gestures now work in Gallery Preview
- Improved interface for Drawing Guides
- Fixed an issue with Comparison Color
- Multitasking gestures now work in Gallery Preview
- UI improvements for Compact Mode and smaller iPads
- Improvements to the sidebar sliders
- The Toggle QuickShape action in QuickMenu has returned
- New options for Assisted Drawing in Gesture Controls
- Fixed an issue with 30 Second Time-lapse export for short videos
Thank you for all your reports, reviews, and feedback
Ratings and Reviews
This super-intuitive app makes it simple to paint your next masterpiece.
Some bugs and a comment on brush settings
When moving a brush to a different category, the brush often goes to the category above or below the target category.
Sometimes a small area, the portion of the layer that you’re working on, will stop receiving input. You can’t make marks. I can fix this by making a mark elsewhere, at which point everything goes back to normal. I can also fix it by changing the zoom. This happens on large canvases at least (4000x4000).
There should be a way to randomize the location but not the rotation of each brush stamp. At the moment, stroke-jitter randomizes both the location of each stamp in relation to the stroke, and the rotation. If these two settings could be separated, it would make certain brushes possible which are not possible at the moment. Randomization of stamp-location and stamp-rotation should be changeable independently. If I want to randomize rotation, I can already do that in shape settings.
Edit: I just found out that Jitter randomizes the rotation in proportion to the percentage in shape->rotation. What would be nice is that if Follow Stroke is enabled, the stamps would actually orient along the stroke even when Jitter is enabled. At the moment, Follow Stroke works only when Jitter is zero.
Hi Job bonbon - Cheers for the review! When moving brushes, try tapping and holding on your brush, then tapping your other Brush Set with a different finger, then dropping the brush in by releasing your first finger.
We can take your idea regarding stroke randomisation on board, but you shouldn't be having this issue with marking your layers! If possible, please send some details of this issue through to email@example.com and we'll help out.
Thanks again for reaching out!
I love procreate... but some minor problems
I bought an iPad pro solely for Procreate! I’m an artist, and I’ve been watching other artists using procreate. I was convinced. And I fell in love even more the moment I tried procreate for myself. The perfect painting/drawing up for me ❤️❤️❤️
And it’s even better now since the procreate 4 update. Some minor issues I have...
My lines gets blurry whenever I use the transform tool. Like even with the tiniest change, it gets blurry. On video replay, it gets pixelated, too. It wasn’t like this before. Also when I use the hue/saturation/brightness tool, it gets pixelated, too. I dunno. Maybe it’s just me. They’re just some minor peeves I have. Hopefully they can fix it. But I love it just the same.
Many thanks to the procreate savage team for creating such a powerful and yet affordable drawing app. You guys are amazing. Thank you, bless you!
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 186.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Savage Interactive
- ₱ 499.00
- In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015 Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.