Stay on top of breaking news in the Philippines and around the world with the Rappler app.
Rappler is a social news network that combines the best of journalism with crowdsourcing. Our stories aim to inspire smart conversations that lead to digitally fuelled actions for social change.
Read stories from the sections of Rappler – Nation, Newsbreak, Business, World, Entertainment, Life & Style, Technology, Sports as well as opinion through Thought Leaders and its civic engagement and citizen journalism arm, MovePH.
• Read the latest stories in the Philippines and abroad
• Breaking news notifications
• Submit stories and photos. If you have a news or story idea, you can easily let the Rappler team know about it.
• Vote on the mood Meter and crowdsource the mood of the day. Users are encouraged to interact with the story by voting on one of the eight moods – happy, inspired, amused, sad, annoyed, angry, afraid, and don’t care.
• Read the latest from Rappler's special coverages – #ProjectAgos, #HungerProject, #BudgetWatch, #PHvote and more.
• Watch Rappler shows - The Daily wRap, TechRap, Rappler Talk, and other videos on politics, technology, sports, entertainment and business.
• Share stories with your community. Let your social network know about the issues you care about as you share articles via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and other social networking sites through the share button in the app.
• Check out the latest Pugad Baboy comic
Feedback? Suggestions? Issues? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll do our best to assist you. Your feedback is important to us.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Needs a Fix
The app works. But navigation is overly complicated; and whenever I open a link from a social media app, the Rappler app home page comes up instead of the article linked. I’ve been annoyed by this for months and am finally deleting my app because I’d rather be redirected to the article on a browser page rather than having to manually take note of the article title and googling it.
Best local app!
Yeah, just wanna say this app should be included in the starter apps for new iPhone or any iOS devices for PH app store. Nice UI with super relevant contents! And the Techraps, I hope they won't get tired doing videos after videos. I think this is the only source where you could get updated with new technologies particularly locally for that matter.
I just wish they could introduce some notifications feature 'cause I sometimes forget to check the app.
P.S. I voluntarily wrote this 'cause I'm quite happy and I wish to get them motivated more. :D
Finally, a tool that empowers people to inform and be informed. Great timing as it's perfect for the upcoming elections.
Also, if you could consider changing the convention for getting the latest news updates. The Flipboard convention of up/down should be ok if news are flipped like a vertical tickler page. Since i think the UI xp theme is newspaper-like -- ie, flipped from right/left -- i'm guessing it's ok if we get the news updates by pulling from the left? And the earlier news from the right. Just my 2 cents. :D
- Rappler Inc.
- 37.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Rappler
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.