By TAGn Solutions
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Teach911 will help your child learn how to dial 911 from an iPhone.
Teaching this valuable skill to your child could safe your life!
The iPhone's keypad is hidden a few clicks down and it isn't obvious to a young child how to pick up an iPhone and dial a number. It's important for every parent to show their child how to get to the key pad, dial 911, and how to recite their name and address for emergency workers.
Teach911 has 2 modes: Assistance and Advanced.
- Assistance mode highlights the correct sequence of buttons to click from the home page, the phone app, and all the way to dialing and hitting call. A few unsuccessful clicks will then re-show the highlight arrow to pinpoint the correct button again.
- Advanced mode has no highlighting and requires your child to get to the phone app, the keypad tab, and then dial 911 and hit call all by themselves. Use this mode as a final challenge to make sure your child understands what to do.
Once your child calls correctly Teach911 will ring a couple of times and then a 911 responder will ask for the three things every child should be taught to be able to say in an emergency:
- The Emergency
- Their Name
- Their Address
Finally, they'll get a loud hooray and the 911 responder will tell them great job.
- Contains a red and white border so you can tell the difference between the real phone application and Teach911
- Let's your child practice calling 911 without really calling (911 operators tend to dislike people calling for practice)
- Provides a fun way to for you to teach an otherwise dull and scary subject to your child.
* Please remember to remove this app once you are done teaching your child so it can't be confused in an emergency.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Category: Education
- Updated: 03 September 2010
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Thats A Girls Name Solutions, LLC.
- © 2009 Thats a Girls Name Solutions, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.