Feed your curiosity and expand your world with TED Talks.
Explore more than 3,000 free videos and learn from the world's most remarkable people. Search by any mood or topic, from tech and science to the surprises of your own psychology.
Features on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch:
・Browse the TED Talks video library, with subtitles in over 100 languages
・Discover inspiring, funny, or jaw-dropping talks and curated playlists
・Sign in to your TED profile to sync saved talks across devices
・Play videos on your device or send to your home entertainment system via AirPlay or Chromecast
・Let us build you a custom playlist - tailored to fit your ideal timeframe
・Download talks to watch offline
・Bookmark talks to watch later
Download the TED app to stay curious, informed, and inspired.
It's almost time for TED 2019! TED HQ is bustling with activity (some may call it 'organized chaos') as we put the finishing touches on what looks to be another stellar conference. To support all the new content we plan to share with you from TED 2019, we've got a great new iOS release.
One of our biggest requests has been improving our download support. We heard you, and this release does just that! We not only made the actual download and playback process more reliable, but we also looked at the download user experience and tried to make it easier to work with. Whether you are watching TED talks on a plane with no WiFi or listening to them on the subway, we hope your _offline_ TED experience is as good as your online one.
Here's the full list of what's improved in this release.
- Downloading your favorite TED talks now goes through our new download and offline playback functionality.
- You can now remove a completed download from the talk or playlist info screens. I can't believe we didn't support that either.
- If a download fails, we now offer you the option to retry it.
- Downloads now include any available audio track, the English subtitles, and your preferred subtitle language.
- You can now cancel an active download. I can't believe we didn't support that either. We do now!
- Audio downloads do a better job of using any partial download data that is available when trying to restart if the app was killed in the background.
- If you decide you want to allow downloads over your cellular connection, we now do a better job of restarting the download so that you can get your content.
- If you have one of those fancy new AirPlay TVs, you're in luck! Downloaded talks are now able to be streamed over AirPlay.
- Our app's new years resolution was to lose a few pounds, so we fixed a few memory leaks here and there.
- If you changed your subtitle language while playing a talk and then tried to restart the talk, we would crash. Not anymore. That's fixed too.
We hope you enjoy the new release. If you run into any issues or have general feedback on our app, email us at email@example.com.
ps. We don't prompt you for a review in the app because we don't want to take away from your time with our speakers. However, if you are enjoying TED for iOS, please take a moment to rate and review us on the App Store. It really helps us out!
Ratings and Reviews
Cant download the app
Could not download the app. Every time i try to it always just shows that i've already purchased the app and it'll be downloaded at no additional charge but nothing happens. This doesn't happen to any app i download. Shame.
Love the app
I couldn’t stop watching TED talks after downloading the app. No regrets though. I love it so much.
Ive been enjoying the app since first downloaded it. Props to the creators!
- TED Conferences
- 57.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 TED Conferences, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.