By Uber Technologies, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Uber is a ridesharing app for fast, reliable rides in minutes – day or night. There’s no need to park or wait for a taxi or bus. With Uber, you just tap to request a ride, and it’s easy to pay with credit card or cash (in selected cities only).
Whether you’re going to the airport or across town, there’s an Uber for every occasion. Uber is available in more than 500 cities worldwide – download the app and take your first trip today.
Requesting your Uber is easy – here’s how it works:
- Just open the app and tell us where you want to go.
- The app uses your location so your driver knows where to pick you up.
- You’ll see your driver’s picture and vehicle details, and can track their arrival on the map.
- Payment can be made by credit card, cash (in selected cities only), Apple Pay, PayPal and more.
- After the ride, you can rate your driver and provide feedback to help us improve the Uber experience. You’ll also get a receipt by email.
Need a simple way to get from A to B quickly? Take uberX, our most affordable option for individual travel.
Want to save money on your ride? Take uberPOOL – you’ll travel with other riders heading in the same direction, and enjoy a lower fare.
Want a more exclusive experience? Take a high-end vehicle with UberBLACK. And there are even more options – whether you’re travelling with a big group or need a vehicle with accessibility features.
See if Uber is available in your city at https://www.uber.com/cities
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/uber
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/uber
Got a question? Visit uber.com/help.
Note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.271.10001
More control over when you share your location with Uber. Now you can choose between “While Using the App,” “Always,” and “Never” in your location settings.
Uber app lag + driver's sudden cancelling
I've been a Uber user for a year. So far, I've been very satisfied with the services until late 2016 when one morning I called for Uber and the driver took a lot than the said time to arrive at my house. He even switched roads a few times which resulted to him being late. Since I'm getting really late for school, I asked the driver to cancel it but then, the Uber app suddenly refreshes and redirected me to a new driver. The new Uber driver's services were really good. Then the past driver contacted me to cancel the booking. I'm like, I can't even cancel it bc Uber suddenly redirected me to someone. And now, Uber services failed me again, both the app and the driver. The app's lagging and the driver even cancelled on me. The previous booking's arrival's supposed to be 7:29 but Uber suddenly redirected again and the driver "again" cancelled on me. 😔😔😔😔😢
My ride of choice
Incredible app. Better than the competition for sure. Could be better if an “I have arrived safely” button is added. I’ve recently encountered a problem wherein the driver’s app was malfunctioning and he couldn’t end the trip. He lost a precious hour trying to sort it with Uber when I could have just pressed something on my app to end the trip. I didn’t want to press Cancel, of course. That’s all!
Request for fair charging
I just noticed that there must be an equality when it comes to charging the customer and the driver whenever one cancels a transaction. As I observed, customers are the only one being charged for cancellation of a trip. How about a driver who wasted our time upon waiting who suddenly cancels a trip scheduled, will there be any sanction or penalty for them? There must be a revision on such part so that fairness will be observed for both parties involved.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 13 November 2017
- Version: 3.271.10001
- Size: 274 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Developer: Uber Technologies, Inc.
- © Uber Technologies Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.