VLC for Mobile is a port of the free VLC media player to iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
It can play all your movies, shows and music in most formats directly without conversion.
It allows file synchronization with Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive, Box, iCloud Drive, iTunes, direct downloads and through WiFi sharing as well as streaming from SMB, FTP, UPnP/DLNA media servers and the web.
VLC offers support for advanced subtitles including full SSA compatibility, multi-track audio, and playback speed control.
VLC for Mobile is completely free and open source.
· We adapted VLC for the new iPad Pro by adjusting the App and bringing external screen support and FaceID to our iPad Pro users
· We brought the double tap to fullscreen feature to all devices, while still letting you double tap to jump back or forward on the sides of the screen
· Multiple files selection is now possible with iCloud Drive
· Fixed an issue where you couldn't log into the app if you killed it while setting a passcode
Ratings and Reviews
Sound issues with bluetooth headset
I recently bought a Sony WI-C400 bluetooth headset for use with my iPhone 8 Plus. The headset works well via bluetooth in other apps, but for some reason when I use it with this VLC app, some videos I downloaded into the app either via network browser or through iTunes have no sound playback; this despite the volume on max level. For the sound to come in, I'd have to manually switch to the iPhone's speakers, then back to the paired wireless headset. This is a quick fix but not without issues as skipping a few seconds would cause it to lose the sound so I'd have to do the fix again. I experiences the same issue with my older iPhone 5S. Curiously, though, I do not experience the said issue when using my JBL Cinema SB150 which also support bluetooth.
I tried to remedy the issue by resetting my phone's connection settings and resetting the headset itself, but I still get the same problem over and over again. The headset works well with other apps and it seems the problem only occurs with the VLC app.
If this is indeed an issue with the app itself, I hope you developers could find a way to fix this in the next update. I use VLC a lot so the issue I am experiencing is really an inconvenience.
Best media player of all!
Hi devs, thanks for this app. I’ve been using this for a long time especially when I’m watching movies and every video/movie I’ve been played here worked no matter what type of format the video/movie was. But there is one thing you need to do to make it better. Put a folder for subtitles because not all the movies we played had a built-in subtitles. Most of it we downloaded from third party sites and we put it in a folder where the movie located just like in laptop/pc, so when you need to understand what the characters were saying, it is not hard to find it. Just like in KM Player, they put an option for the subtitles. I hope for the next update, you will make it better! I appreciate if you put a comment below for your thoughts. Thanks!
User Experience = Not Good = Not Much to Offer
VLC does a poor job when it comes to managing video files. It does not have the functionality to create subfolders and does not recognize folder system of Files app by IOS so technically there is no way getting your organized video portfolio to be in place in VLC folder playlist. I think this is the main reason why this app couldn't get a high rating. A file manager app with video functionality would be the best choice to go since you have your video gallery arranged and organized in folders and subfolders plus you get to play each video at your convenience.
- 135.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bosnian, Cambodian, Catalan, Corsican, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Faeroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © VideoLAN and authors
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.