Remote Control for Kodi and XBMC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Remote Control for Kodi and XBMC turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a remote control for Kodi or XBMC, connecting through WiFi with Kodi or XBMC running on any supported device like a Media PC, Windows PC, Mac or an AppleTV. Beautiful retina graphics support, designed for iOS 8, works with XBMC 12.x (Frodo), XBMC 13.x (Gotham) and Kodi 14.x (Helix).
With Remote Control for Kodi and XBMC you can browse your video library on your iPhone or iPad; just flick through all of your movie thumbnails with your fingers, dive into a TV show and view its episodes by season, or start playing a movie or a TV show episode directly from the app.
Use Kodi or XBMC as your music jukebox and browse your music library directly on your device, and start playing you favourite album, song or artist with just a tap of your finger.
All information about your music and video libraries is cached locally on your device, and can be browsed off-line.
Remote Control for Kodi and XBMC also offers a full range of remote control features such as navigation, player control, and more. For text input the on-screen keyboard can be used, as if the keyboard was directly connected to the machine running Kodi or XBMC.
Remote Control for Kodi and XBMC is designed for all size devices: iPhone, iPod touch, as well as iPad. Usability and robustness are key features. The app's user interface is designed to be clean and intuitive, building on interfaces and elements that are well known to iOS and Kodi or XBMC users. Optimized for all iPhone and iPad models that support iOS 8, optimized for landscape and portrait mode on iPad, and tested with large music and video libraries for optimal performance.
Download Kodi at http://www.kodi.tv.
Follow @codemuse for updates on Remote Control for Kodi and XBMC.
- Navigate Kodi or XBMC using the conveniently placed navigation controls.
- Adapt volume via a slider, or precise increments and decrements using +/- buttons, a part of the interface that is always visible and within reach.
- Skip to next or previous item, fast-forward or rewind, stop and play/pause currently playing media, see progress or seek the currently playing media, through a part of the interface that is also always visible.
- Use on screen keyboard to enter text in input fields and Kodi or XBMC's virtual keyboard.
- See currently playing media, including thumbnail.
- View status of connection with Kodi or XBMC through indicator light.
- Browse your music library on your device. Browse artists, and dive into the albums-by-artist browser, including album art thumbnails.
- Start playing an album with a specific song, shuffle an album, and play or shuffle all songs by a single artist.
- Support for multiple disc albums.
- Browse your TV shows on your device, including a sophisticated episodes-by-season view, including season art thumbnails.
- Start playing a TV show episode directly from the TV show browser.
- Browse your movies on your device, including a section index for large libraries.
- Start playing a movie directly from the movie browser.
- Instruct XBMC to update or clean the video or audio library.
- Configure host and port settings, either via in-application settings or using the iOS settings app.
- Quit Kodi or XBMC, suspend, reboot or shutdown the system running Kodi or XBMC.
- Designed for both portrait as well as landscape mode on iPad.
- Optimized to work on all iPad and iPhone (4s, 5, 5s, 6 and 6 Plus) models that support iOS 8.
- Full retina display enabled graphics.
- Full asynchronous network communication; no user interface lockups due to network issues.
- Use pull-to-refresh to refresh local library data.
- Library updates are downloaded in the background and cached locally, allowing off-line library browsing.
- iOS >= 8.0
- XBMC 12.x (Frodo), XBMC 13.x (Gotham) or Kodi 14.x (Helix)
- WiFi access to the machine running Kodi or XBMC
- Control through HTTP enabled in Kodi or XBMC
What's New in Version 3.2.0
With the release of Kodi 14.x (Helix) comes a new application name: "Remote Control for Kodi and XBMC", furthermore this release is optimized for iOS 8 and (finally) brings support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. And there's more:
- Added pull to refresh.
- Improved overall syncing behavior.
- Use 2/3 aspect ratio for poster art.
- Completely modernized networking backend.
- Added feedback section to application settings.
- Many other minor fixes and improvements.
- NOTE: With the release of Kodi 14.x (Helix), Remote Control for Kodi and XBMC does not support XBMC 11.x (Eden) anymore. Please update your XBMC installation if you are still using XBMC 11.x.
- USD 4.99
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 28 February 2015
- Version: 3.2.0
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Gertjan Zwartjes
- © 2011 - 2015 Gertjan Zwartjes
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.