ABCs PlayTime Lite
By Philippa Crawshaw
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We appologise that this free version does not run on the latest OS. We are working to recify this problem.
ABCPlayTime from WiseCats: Children Assisted To Soar
WiseCats' YouTube animated alphabet songs have been so popular, 3.3 million views, that we’ve decided to make learning the alphabet even more fun. ABCPlayTime provides children with the opportunity to play with our fun characters while learning; letters names, letter sounds and how to write their letters.
Get started with this Lite vrsion.
They can either watch the alphabet songs, or they can enter into the animation and play inside it.
They won’t even realise they’re learning their alphabet as it is so much fun.
You are able to set up a login for up to four different children. Each child has a book of their own called ‘Me’. Clicking on this book allows them to start playing with the letters of their name. As they play they can attempt to write the individual letters of their name or touch their name tile to attempt to write their whole name. Their writing is saved and shown on the screen so they can see how well they are doing.
They are given the ability to either “Play” or “Watch” the alphabet songs for that book.
If they choose the "Watch" option, then the songs for the letters of their name will be sung to them.
* Each letter has its own alteration song and animation. This is followed by a catchy letter sound repetition, followed by the letter name. During this they are shown both the hand sign and how to trace the letter.
* As the song is sung the words are highlighted along the bottom.
This is a really fun screen that allows children to:
* Touch ‘hidden’ points within the animation.
* Watch the song with the words growing as they are sung
* Watch just the hand sign and tracing part of the song
* Practice writing the letter while hearing the letter name or letter sound.
You know what’s best for each child, so you are given control of:
* The order in which letters are introduced
* Which hand sign: ASL/BSL
* The accent for the song: US, UK, NZ
* Whether you prefer the letters to be sounded out or the letter name to be said as the child practices writing.
What's New in Version 2.0
Improved user interface
- Category: Education
- Updated: 01 August 2012
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 95.3 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Philippa Crawshaw
- © 2012 WiseCats
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPod touch (5th generation).