By Hyrax Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Earthbook is an complete world reference book for your iPhone or iPod Touch. It provides exhaustive information on nations' geography, demographics, government, economy, infrastructure, and more.
Browse through every country in the world in the style of the CIA World Factbook. Plus, Earthbook is the only world factbook application with information on:
- All 50 United States and Washington D.C.
- Autonomous Regions
- Disputed Regions
- Dependent/Associated Territories
- De Facto Independent States
- British Crown Dependencies
- French Collectivities
- Territorial Claims
- Former Countries
Browse Earthbook by nation or by rankings. Rankings exist for more than 80 different statistics, from Land Area to Literacy to Life Expectancy. Just touch any statistic for a nation to see where it ranks among other nations.
All information presented in Earthbook is compiled from official sources, including the CIA and IMF. Non-current figures are dated with the census or fiscal year. Data that are offical estimations or that are not easily rankable are thoroughly annotated to be as accurate as possible. Changing figures will be updated in future versions.
Earthbook is stored locally, meaning an internet connection is not required. The size is only 1.1 MB so it will not occupy large amounts of space on your device.
What's New in Version 2.0
- Earthbook will no longer crash! Huge improvements in stability and speed. If you experienced crashing previously and felt like expressing that in a review, please update your reviews/ratings!
- Fixed incorrect ranking order of military statistics
- Up-to-date government info for: Somalia, Madagascar, Czech Republic, South Africa, Israel, Iran, India, Gabon, El Salvador, Panama
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 01 July 2009
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 1.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Hyrax Inc.
- © Steven Chaitoff
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.