GPS Monitor - outdoor tracker
By Petr Jankuj
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Special limited time offer! App is only for $1.99!
GPS Monitor is universal app (iPhone/iPod/iPad) for tracking your position on the road and archiving your trips from holidays, vacations, sport activities or business trips. App supports multitasking and can run in the background as well.
Location data can be taken from GPS (if available), cell towers or from both. Locations from cell towers are inaccurate so you can display these locations on the map like pins and edit them. Positions are updated according math algorithm to not overload iPhone memory and to save battery life. Accuracy can depend on signal strength and device.
App requires online map service, therefore internet connection is needed for downloading maps. However, it can even track your position offline.
It is optimized for working on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPods (3rd and 4th generation) and iPad with iOS 4 and above. GPS Monitor supports file sharing via WiFi between devices, so you can view tracks on the big iPad screen!
● start, pause, resume and stop tracking of your position
● view live statistics like speed or altitude in the graph
● add and save target regions, so you will be notified if you get into specific region
● save your trips manually or automatically
● saved trips can be exported in CSV or KML format by e-mail
● share your trips with your friend on Facebook! or via Email
● app supports track sharing, so you can send your track to iPad or another iPhone.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Thanks for buying and enjoy using GPS Monitor app!
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Small internal improvements
- USD 1.99
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 12 April 2011
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 2.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Petr Jankuj
- © Petr Jankuj
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.