By UnatezeSoft, LLC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn to speak Nigerian Brokin (Pidgin) anytime and anywhere! No internet access required. Hear it! Speak it! Learn it! Ads free.
What you Learn
Although English is the official Lingua Franca of many African countries, many citizens of these countries do not speak English. (Nigerian) Brokin is the de facto Lingua Franca--Brokin is spoken in about 80% of West Africa (a land mass the size of the continental United States) and throughout the rest of Africa.
Whether you are on a business trip to Lagos, Abuja, Accra, Port Harcourt or any other area of English Africa countries or going there for vacation, you will find iSabi™ Nigerian application very useful in most situations. About 99% of the taxicab drivers you will encounter will know Brokin; hotel clerks are fluent; priests, teachers, traders and laymen all speak or understand the language regardless of their native tongue.
Application features include:
* Pronunciation of every Nigerian Brokin word or phrase in the app by a native speaker
* Record and playback your own pronunciation of each word or phrase to compare with the native speaker and to quickly master pronunciations
* Fun and relaxed quizzes on each category of the app to reinforce what you have learned: quizzes include a state of the art "iCan Say it!" quiz that will have you speaking "correct Nigerian grammar" in no time
* Well organized categories to allow you to build your vocabulary for many situations
* Text and indexed searches to quickly locate words and phrases
* Self contained dictionary of more than 5,000 words and phrases that you can take with you on the go (no Internet access required!)
* Bookmark of words and phrases for easy access and recall or to create your own study set
* Notes taker for each word or phrase as you encounter them
Download the app today and see how easy it is to learn Nigerian Brokin! Take it with you and practice it on the plane during your next trip.
iSabi Nigerian is a record and play app. For best experience, use a device that is capable of recording and playing sound. To get sound to work on older generation iPod Touches, use Apple approved headsets that are capable of recording sound. We love hearing from our customers. Please send us feedback by going to the "Nigeria" Menu/Tab and click the "Feedback" button. Also, we appreciate your feedback here on iTunes App Store. Thanks!
What's New in Version 2.0
New in 2.0
+ Improved overall performance, including text and index searches and view navigation
+ Added ability to toggle searches between Nigerian Brokin and English
+ Added new quiz modules--including a state of the art "iCan Say it!" quiz that will have you speaking "correct Nigerian grammar" in no time
+ Improved the user interface
The new version of the app is a pleasure to use!
New in 1.4
+ Better quality voice recordings / cleaner pronunciations
+ Fixed known bugs
+ Enhanced quizzes
+ Added sound clues to correct and incorrect answers and flashcard scroll ends
Customers Also Bought
- USD 5.99
- Category: Education
- Updated: 05 April 2011
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 18.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: UnatezeSoft, LLC
- © UnatezeSoft LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.