Red State Uprising (by Erick Erickson and Lewis K. Uhler)
By Blackstone Audio, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RED STATE UPRISING by Erick Erickson and Lewis K. Uhler (unabridged) is presented by Blackstone Audio and comes with what is perhaps the best audiobook app available (see FEATURES, below).
Fed up with our arrogant government and massive programs we don’t need and can’t afford? Then join the Red State Uprising! RedState.com founder Erick Erickson outlines what needs to change in Washington and what we can do locally to make it happen. Red State Uprising is not about anarchy or a revolution; it’s about reshaping government. Obama has shown determination to move the country towards a socialist “nanny” state, culminating in the government takeover of health care. The vast majority of Americans reject this vision, and Red State Uprising calls upon this majority to stand up and take action. There is a right size for government, but it is much smaller, much cheaper, and much less intrusive than what we’ve got now. Red State Uprising offers conservatives a plan to take back the people’s government.
Self-contained, this audiobook app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. Based on a library-quality recording, this app was built especially for your iPhone and iPod Touch. No unreadable text, no endless scrolling on a tiny screen. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
NOTICE: This app includes the exact same 5-star recording offered elsewhere at much higher prices. It was professionally recorded by Blackstone Audio’s narrator, Michael Chamberlain. You are not buying yet another amateur or volunteer narration. No clicks, background noises, throat clearing, mispronunciations, tinny voices or monotones will be found here.
• EXPERIENCE. About 6.5 hours of narration. Created as a Folium enhancedAudio™ edition, this book includes extra functions and features not found on lesser players.
• PLAYER CONTROLS. Includes listen (play), pause, multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, one-touch chapter- and bookmark browser. There is also a “scrub” bar that finds any point inside the chapter with just a tap.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the book will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and smarter than average.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the book you’ve come.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airplane-ready! Once downloaded, listen uninterrupted without threat from a lost network connection. Downloads are usually just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the book again.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends or Twitter feed.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for books, functions, and features. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
RATING: Suitable for adults interested in modern conservatism and current events.
“Insightful and timely, Red State Uprising is no typical sky-is-falling analysis of big government. Erickson and Uhler dig deep to diagnose not only what the problems are, but how they came to be.” (Rush Limbaugh)
“Erick Erickson and Lewis K. Uhler’s insights on American conservatism are mandatory reading for everyone committed to limited government and Reagan conservatism.” (U.S. Congressman Mike Pence)
What's New in Version 2.4.2
• Added compatibility for iOS 5
• Miscellaneous bug fixes
• Updated user interface and experience
- USD 9.99
- Category: Books
- Updated: 30 November 2011
- Version: 2.4.2
- Size: 178 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: Blackstone Audio, Inc
- Copyright©2009-2010 Blackstone Audio. Portions copyright©2009-2010 by Folium Partners.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.