Screen Time - Media Time Manager
By Rod Liberal
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"An app that motivates my kid to clean his room? I am so in." - Cool Mom Tech
"Impressive features that many parents will appreciate I’m sure." - Bibsy @ itsMyi
"Parental management the 21st century way!!! This is an application that we will be using frequently and can help any type of family." - Andrea @ Applicable2U
Finally a way to manage your children's screen time!
"Children in the United States watch an average of three to four hours of television a day. By the time of high school graduation, they will have spent more time watching television than they have in the classroom. - American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry"
Screen Time was developed by a dad of 3 young boys who love technology. It was with them in mind that this easy-to-track tool was born.
We understand tv and gadgets are an important part of our kids' lives and can be used to provide educational opportunities for them. At the same time, we want our kids to develop healthy viewing habits and feel empowered by the choices they make.
Screen Time is NOT just a time tracker!
With Screen Time, you can:
* Assign daily minute allowances for each child. Allowances can be set to repeat each day or accumulate based on your preference.
* Empower children to earn screen minutes by doing chores and displaying good behavior.
* Encourage your kids to give up those minutes (with a kid-friendly screen) for other activities and rewards. Kids learn valuable skills by saving minutes for delayed gratification.
* Customize and have fun!!! Add, change, or remove tasks and rewards to fit yours and your kids' needs.
Children need a balanced lifestyle that involves a great mix of rich activities, both indoors and outdoors. Let us help you take care of their media interactions.
We welcome your feedback!
Rod Liberal is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: Parents
What's New in Version 1.3
- Sounds! We've added alerts and countdown sounds (check the Settings screen!)
- Improved tap area of rows on every screen
- Bug squashed! The 'share' screen no longer gets stuck. It'll leave you alone, now.
- More updates coming SOON!