WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
• You can now require Face ID or Touch ID to unlock WhatsApp. Tap "Settings" > "Account" > "Privacy" and enable Screen Lock.
Ratings and Reviews
Improvement in web version of Whatsapp
I am a student studying in China now. Being a youngster, I like whatsapp other than anyother social media application. Mostly when i am working on my Laptop i want to run whatsapp in background. so that my phone battery is saved and i will stay up todate very easily. But website version of whatsapp requires that my phone should have active internet connection in background. As in China, whatsapp is banned so we have to connect VPN again and againon mobile and laptop to use whatsapp. SO it become very difficult to use whatsapp web version in this way. web version should work in a way that after connecting for first time, it should work independently either mobile phone is connected or not connected to inetrnet. in this way mobile phone battery will be saved and persons living in a country like china will be benifitted a lot
App is working really great. Whatsapp already updated its features that we previously think to be incorporated; its a complete app. I want to add a lil suggestion, that i feel when i am switching phone. There must be sign out option so it can save all ur data including chat n media. Being an employee i feel need of important referencing conversation along with media. Sign in-out option will enable us to transfer data as it is. Also create custom multiple groups for status privacy like family, work, friends etc. Hope u consider these too. You’re already doing great. Goodluck!
using Iphone 6s there’s issue while backup my chat. last auto backup was taken by whatsapp on 26th september 2018. my mobile(whatsapp) taking backup on daily basis. but from past 3 weeks backup could not happen. please fix it. backup is stand on 33%. i reduce backup size by deleting media from whatsapp and also deleted most of the chats. but size of backup stand on 9GB. but i cloud shows 2GB.. i wanted to change my Iphone 6s to Iphone 8. so please fix this issue hurry.. so that i can use whatsapp on my new iphone.
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 137.1 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
- English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.