By Adrian Granados-Murillo
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Scan, monitor, and troubleshoot wireless networks with WiFi Explorer.
Quickly identify channel conflicts, signal overlapping or configuration problems that may be affecting the connectivity and performance of your home, office or enterprise wireless network.
Get an insight into the network details: name (SSID), MAC address (BSSID), device manufacturer, signal strength (RSSI), noise, channel, band, security configuration, supported data rates, 802.11 information elements (IE), and much more.
• Suitable for home, small office, or enterprise networks
• Easy-to-use, intuitive user interface
• Graphical visualization of the Wi-Fi environment
• Supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands as well as 20, 40, 80 and 160 MHz channels
• Works with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac networks
• Comprehensive app's help
• Signal quality ratings based on signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
• Accurate conversion from dBm to percentage (%) for easier analysis and optimization
• Detailed description of information elements (IE) advertised by the access point for advanced troubleshooting
• Export metrics and network details to CSV file format
• Save results for later review and analysis
• Access point name discovery (if supported)
• Editable column for labels or annotations
• Selectable and sortable columns
• Adjustable graph timescales
• Quick filtering
• Customizable colors for easily tracking particular networks
• Full screen mode and split view support
Requires a Mac with built-in Wi-Fi. External Wi-Fi adapters are not supported.
What's New in Version 2.3.1
• Fixed a crash in 10.9 and older systems.
• Fixed sorting of "Min Rate" and "Max Rate" columns.
• Fixed AP name parsing for Extreme Networks (formerly Zebra) APs.
• Fixed filtering by security type, and by channel width.
• Fixed export options to include missing fields.
• Improved identification of vendor name for Meraki APs.
• Improved accessibility.
If you find WiFi Explorer useful and have a couple of minutes, please share your thoughts by leaving a review in the Mac App Store. It will make a huge difference to me!
Found a problem or have a concern? Please visit the WiFi Explorer Support website, or @wifiexplorer on Twitter, and send me a message so we can resolve it.
- Rs 2,000.00
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 23 March 2017
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 3.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Developer: Adrian Granados-Murillo
- © 2012-2017 Adrian Granados
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor