GTD®, XYZ and everything in between - it can handle it all. Seriously.
See and believe: YouTube.com/The2DoApp
2Do lets you take a completely different approach to managing your tasks. With its extremely simple-to-use interface and a comprehensive and flexible set of powerful features, it lets you focus on what's most important to you: your life. There is no wrong way of using 2Do, and unlike other to-do apps, it won't force you in adhering to a particular task management methodology.
• Apple - Best of 2013 Mac App Store
• Macstories - App of the Year 2015 iOS
• Cult of Mac - Best Task Manager for iOS
SIMPLE TASKS, CHECKLISTS & PROJECTS
• Create simple tasks, or checklists and projects with sub-tasks. Tasks can have notes, attachments and multiple alarms.
• Set any task to repeat using a flexible set of options.
LIST GROUPS, LISTS & SMART LISTS
• In addition to built-in Focus lists that allow you to conveniently view upcoming, starred or scheduled tasks, you can create multiple lists to manage and organize your tasks.
• Smart lists let you harness the true potential of 2Do using a number of search options, filters and search pre-sets. Using Smart Lists, you can create custom views of your tasks and use them to focus-in or find frequently managed tasks.
• Furthermore, related Smart lists and Lists can be grouped together using a List Group in the order you desire.
• Quickly focus on your projects and their sub-tasks and nothing else
• Access project view directly from the list view or using keyboard shortcuts
• Focus filters and sort options can be applied separately to individual projects using Project View
• Manage tags within Tag Groups.
• Easily assign tags to tasks and vice versa.
• Leverage the easy to use yet powerful integration of Tags & Smart Lists to filter on frequently managed tasks.
• Find Used vs. Unused tags with a click.
• Easily create, edit and assign locations to tasks
• Create powerful Smart Lists based on Locations
• Stay in sync with multiple Macs and mobile devices running 2Do using your favorite sync method over fast and reliable Push Sync: Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV), 3rd Party CalDAV Servers (iCal, Fruux, ownCloud etc) or Toodledo.
• Using Dropbox, you can keep multiple devices in sync seamlessly. Devices can be added / removed at any time.
• Using Reminders CalDAV sync you can keep 2Do and Reminders in sync as well as create tasks using Siri.
• Unobtrusive automatic background sync supported for Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV) and CalDAV.
• Save your thoughts as they come to you. Using a global hotkey, Quick Entry allows you to add tasks from any app or any Space.
• 2Do does it right. Quick Entry works even if 2Do was not launched or is not running in the background.
• Works just the way Quick Look does in Finder or other built-in OS X apps. Use the spacebar to zoom in and out of a task to preview notes, multi-line titles or other details attached to your tasks.
ALARMS & NOTIFICATIONS
• Stay on top of your tasks with alarms and notifications. Supports Notification Center as well as a built-in notification system which works even when 2Do is *not running*.
• Set up automatic alarms for your tasks.
• Your life is a private affair. Manage it by locking out individual lists or the whole app with a single click.
• 2Do values your tasks. Periodic automatic backups are created for you which can be transferred from one machine to another or from the iOS version of 2Do to the Mac and vice versa.
• Save & restore of external backups
• Adding and editing tasks is blazing fast using in-place editors and popovers
• 2Do supports both mouse users, by offering them numerous shortcuts, as well as keyboard power-users by supporting dozens of keyboard shortcuts
• 2Do won't slow down over time
- Fixed Japanese due date entry issues
- Dark Mode for Mojave
- Dark / Light mode can be switched on or off permanently from "View Menu > Appearance"
- Several UI tweaks, improvements and refinements
- CSV export now includes the "Created" date column
- Fixed a bug where the "Hide Scheduled" button would linger around for too long
- Fixed a bug where search options would close on you at times
- Smart lists now allow you to hide paused tasks
- Durations now sync with Toodledo
- Fixed issue where changing the starred state in Toodledo would not reflect the change in 2Do
- Fixed manual sorting issue when dragging tasks between two projects
- Fixed "double" postponing of repeating events issue
- Fixed issue where the mini calendar would occasionally not update immediately
- Improved date entry parsing for different locales
- Stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Ultimate 2do app.
Probably the most powerful 2do app in the world. It could use some visual refresh (custom themes would be great), but app’s ability to adapt to user’s needs is far beyond any other app in the market. If you are looking for power-user’s to-do app it is probably the best choice. I recommend it.
One of the best in class
One of the best GTD apps I’ve used so far (and I have tried many).
Some of my favorite features are:
- integration with iCloud reminders, which means I can add entries using Siri. For me this is the one feature that makes my GTD system really trusted, because of how easy it is to add things to the inbox even on the go.
- ability to pause tags, which lets you assign for example a “waiting-for” tag to a delegated task or any other task, in which you are waiting for someone else. Paused tasks can be then hidden
- focus mode - hiding tasks not meeting certain criteria
- smart lists - a saved-search equivalent which lets you create your view on tasks across many lists that meat certain criteria
- the sync is really reliable - I’ve had problems with some competing apps, like The Hit List (tasks often got duplicated or deleted/archived tasks were popping up again)
Yes, it’s expesive, but given how much effort it requires to really make such a feature-rich app, I think it is justified. Also there’s no subscription fee, which is often the case with other apps. If you are not sure, there is a trial version you can download from the website. Remember that this is not an app that millions of users have the need of using. Only high performance individuals embracing some form of getting things done methodology with the need for technology to support as many aspects of it as possible will be interested.
Great app but with bugs
Feature-wise, 2Do is the most comprehensive and flexible personal task manager out there. I’m on the verge of switching from Omnifocus but I’m still torn between the two due to a few issues I’ve found so far in the app. The two most annoying ones:
- start and due date support in checklists seems to be broken -> the app tends to ‘lose’ them sometimes (same in the iOS version)
- I’ve found that Dropbox sync would introduce random changes to tag grouping.
Hope that these will be sorted out soon as it is a truly great app otherwise. Until then, I’m still running two separate systems (OF and 2Do) not being able to decide...
- Beehive Innovations Services
- 45.5 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009 - 2019 Beehive Innovations
- 239,99 zł
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.