** Apple Mac App of The Year Winner **
Affinity Photo redefines the boundaries for professional photo editing software on the Mac. With a meticulous focus on workflow it offers sophisticated tools for enhancing, editing and retouching your images in an incredibly intuitive interface with all the power and performance you need.
Engineered for Professionals
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• RGB, CMYK, Greyscale and LAB colour spaces
• End-to-end CMYK workflow with ICC colour management
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR and PDF
• Panning and zooming is always live at 60fps with live previews, live tools and real-time editing
• Open and edit massive images without compromising performance or running out of memory
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Resize layers without any loss of quality. Lock, hide, duplicate and merge layers easily
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Task-focused workspaces for developing, post-processing, liquify and export
• Work in windowed, full screen, or separated modes with fully customisable toolbars and drag and drop panels
• Comprehensive vector drawing and text editing tools
• Advanced snapping system with pixel perfect alignment when required
• Export @1x, @2x, @3x from layers, slices or whole documents – continuously as you work!
• Record and Play macros for ultimate productivity
Professional image processing
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Recover detail thought to be lost by editing in an unbounded linear color space
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette and best-in-class noise reduction
• Paint areas or use fully customisable gradients to mask adjustments
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as detailed EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
Quality retouching and correction tools
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Apply high quality single-plane and dual-plane perspective correction as well as fully customisable mesh warps - all in real time
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Full support for Wacom and other graphics tablets, including pressure, tilt and shortcut buttons
• Real-time preview of your nozzle – see what you are about to paint or erase before you do it
Fast, customisable effects
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
• Swipe-able split or mirrored screen always available for before and after views
• Choose to apply effects non-destructively with live effect layers, enabling you to erase away or mask effects after they have been applied
Built for Mac
• Takes full advantage of the latest macOS technologies including OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch and Core Graphics
• Full support for MacBook Pro's Touch Bar and Force Touch trackpad
• Fully optimised for 64-bit and multi-core processors
• Supports regular, retina and multi-monitor set ups – including the latest 5k iMac
- All new shadows / highlights algorithm for Develop.
- Develop clarity improvements.
- Improved input smoothing for all tools.
- Improved Perlin Noise filter.
- Transparent TGA import support.
- Many improvements to batch processing.
- PSD, PDF import / export improvements.
- Significant Photoshop plugin support improvements.
- Fixed inability to export transparent PNG, TIFF, etc.
- Fixed slow Lens Blur, Depth of Field blur issues.
- Fixed Depth of Field blur progress / slowness issues.
- Fixed sporadic hanging when opening many image files at once.
- Restored ability of marquee tools to snap.
- Fixed crashing bug when exporting certain large PSDs.
- Fixed a number of UI memory leaks.
- Added special case PSD import code for “SketchClub” PSD files (they should fix this!).
- Fixed UI labels on macOS versions prior to Mavericks.
- Numerous other fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
It's good but not pro
Affinity is good. Most of the things you'd do in Photoshop it does as well. And sometimes even better or quicker, and some operations are just so much more well desined than in Photoshop. And I really like their approach to RAW editing -- you get not only histogram but also scopes, there is a feature to turn off auto sharpening and auto tone curve, both very usefull and lacking in LR or C1, not to mention CR.
But there are things that make this app absolutely useless in certain professional workflows. Automatisation (here called Macros) does not support many of the features; and Macros are basicaly uneditable once they were created. And if you create a Macro for guides that should appeare on basis of percentages rather then pixels the Macro will actualy remember pixel values from the image you currently have open. That is just so annoying.
Another bummer is UI which is good if you take it for what it is, but customization can speed up many workflows and this app just can't be customized that well. There is no such thing as collapsing windows for instance. And you can't make presets of your own UI.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. I suggest you put all these on our feature requests: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/55-suggestions-for-affinity-photo-on-desktop/
Don’t be fooled - its not a 1:1 Photoshop competition
This app is great for begginers and people who won’t pay for more expensive software. I try to move from Photoshop, but lack of basic functions (like export preview) slowing down workflow so much, that Im still using Photoshop for daily tasks. If you starting design journey and dont need a optimisation tool, where you can optimise image and export it with best quality vs preview, this software probably could be fine. If you are a webdesigner, where speed and optimisation of good looking website are crucial - probably its better to stick to tool You are using right now.
BTW price is great, and If you just want to try something new - its a good opportunity.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. If you can give us more specific details we can have a look for you.
Pls add polish language to affinity photo :)
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 349.2 MB
- OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Serif (Europe) Ltd
- 239,99 zł
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.