By Jonas Lindblom
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Simple, easy to use Baby Monitor for the iPhone, iPad and iPod.
Three modes of operation:
- "Call-A-Phone" monitor (requires one iPhone, and one other phone): select a phone number from your address book and place your iPhone running BabyMon in the same room as your sleeping baby. When the baby wakes up and starts making noise, BabyMon will call your selected number and you can hear what is going on on the remote phone.
- Monitor + Remote iOS monitor, requires two iOS devices (iPhone, iPad or iPod) with data connection: place one device (the "monitor") next to your sleeping baby, and keep the other device (the "remote" )with you. Set the same BabyMon "name" on both and start monitoring. The remote will alert you with sounds and animations when your baby makes noise or wakes up.
- Monitor + Web remote: requires one iPhone/iPad/iPod and a web browser (possibly on a mobile device). See http://www.babymon.net for more information.
Compared to some other "Baby Monitors" in the App Store, BabyMon:
- Is very simple to use, and contains only the bare essentials.
- Has robust baby noise detection, with three sensitivity levels.
- Can both place calls and communicate directly to another iPhone/iPad/iPod device or a web browser.
- When using two devices or a Web remote, the remote is alerted if there is a problem with the connection (or remote monitor).
- Is free to use but has optional in-app purchase unlock to remove ads and support future BabyMon development.
- In "Call-A-Phone" mode: after an alert call has been made, you have to manually switch from the Phone App back to BabyMon to continue monitoring. Starting with iOS4, it does not seem possible to have a 3rd party app (like BabyMon) regain control after it has made a phone call. Hopefully this will change or a workaround can be found for a future update.
- the "Monitor" app needs to run in the foreground
BabyMon is only intended as an aid, not a replacement for real supervision of your baby!
BabyMon was developed by a proud father in need of a tool like this and has been extensively tested and tuned on own baby.
BabyMon is on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/babymonapp . "Like" the page to receive updates and support.
What's New in Version 2.55
- fixed an issue related to not being able to enter phone numbers when running iOS 9
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 10 November 2015
- Version: 2.55
- Size: 1.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Jonas Lindblom
- © 2010-2015 Jonas Lindblom
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bronze Unlock0,99 €
- Silver Unlock2,99 €