By Duke Marine Lab
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Dive in with Duke University’s Cachalot app, a novel digital textbook designed for students enrolled in Duke’s Marine Megafauna class, but free for everyone, everywhere.
The encyclopedic portion of the app covers all forms of marine megafauna – from Hawaiian spinner dolphins to Magellanic penguins – in easy to read species profiles accompanied by captivating digital media. Learn from a new expert every week as a new species profile is released as the “Megafauna of the Week.”
The course materials will include open access readings from the primary literature and lessons used in class when it commences in Spring 2012.
- Megafauna of the Week Profiles including Favorite Facts, Species Information, Expert Information and Further Reading.
Amazing expert photos, audio, and video.
- Compelling National Geographic CRITTERCAM videos for some species.
- Easy to read profiles.
- Class readings in PDF format, loaded into an in-app annotation interface for highlighting, note-taking and free-form annotations.
- Class lessons enriched with audio and video content loaded into an in-app annotation interface for highlighting, note-taking and free-form annotations.
- Initial tutorial overlay illustrating most features of the program, which can be reset at anytime.
What's New in Version 1.2.2
- Bug fixes