Castro is a beautiful, full-featured podcast player that makes it easy to track lots of podcasts.
Here’s how it works:
1. New episodes land in your INBOX. Read their descriptions, add episodes you like to your QUEUE, and archive the rest.
2. Press play to listen to episodes from your QUEUE in order. Queued episodes are downloaded automatically.
3. Add to and re-order your QUEUE to plan your next few hours of listening at any time. Browse your ARCHIVE to review your back catalogue of subscriptions, quickly access starred shows, and see your listening history.
With Castro, subscribing to a podcast doesn’t mean making a commitment to listen to every episode. You don’t have manage a huge list of subscriptions or choose a few shows and miss the rest.
- Drag and drop podcasts to triage and reorder your next few hours of listening with Castro’s unique queue.
- An elegant dark mode and thoughtfully designed sleep timer offer the best in night time podcast listening.
- CarPlay support makes it easy to pick up where you left off while driving.
- Apple Watch app to control playback and select another episode from your queue.
- Our servers find new episodes across every podcast, so your phone doesn’t have to, saving battery life and data usage.
- Episode notifications include a summary of the episode to help you decide if it interests you. Play, queue or archive the episode directly from the notification without opening the app.
Castro Plus is an optional paid subscription available for $8.99/year or $2.99/quarter (both include a one-week trial). Plus unlocks a range of advanced features:
- Sideloading allows import of audio files directly, just by dropping them in iCloud Drive.
- Trim Silence — With this option on, the app will analyze audio as it plays to detect silent parts and accelerate those parts. Get through more episodes faster.
- Enhance Voices improves the listening experience for many podcasts and makes it easier to hear in loud environments. Under the hood, Enhance Voices applies a dynamic compressor and a peak limiter to increase volume just where it’s needed.
- Mono-Mix — Mixes a stereo podcast to mono, which makes it easier to hear podcasts that pan some guests on left/right channels.
- Chapter Support: Skipping & Pre-selection.
- Chapter and episode artwork.
- Customize settings per-podcast: Episode Limit, Trim Silence, Enhance Voices, Mono Mix, Skip Intros, Playback Speed.
“Castro 3 is an incredible app.”
— The Sweet Setup
“Castro 3 is everything Castro already was, but better.”
Castro 3 Is a Great Modern Podcast App”
— Beautiful Pixels
“Unlike other podcatchers, Castro's primary virtue is its simplicity and ease of use. The app combines sleek visual design with crystal clear audio.”
— Tom’s Guide
CASTRO PLUS SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
Castro Plus costs $8.99 per year or $2.99 per quarter. Prices are in US dollars and may vary in countries other than the US.
Castro Plus is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. It will renew on the day before the current subscription period ends. You can cancel auto-renewal any time from the Castro settings screen.
You can switch between the two subscription periods after you pick one, but your trial period will end immediately if you do, so it's best to wait till your free week is over before changing.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Our first update of 2019 introduces local search:
- Use the new search bar at the top of the Archive to quickly find podcasts you're subscribed to
- Tap the search icon on a podcast screen to search through episodes in that podcast
- You can also find podcasts and episodes by searching in Spotlight on your homescreen
- Now playing screen reverts to showing artwork after it's dismissed instead of staying on the playback settings panel
- Queue now downloads up to 4 episodes at a time again
- Changed the support email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can now jump to Castro Notification Settings from Settings app > Notifications > Castro (and from the ... menu on notifications themselves instead of turning them off completely)
- iOS Download Error -3003 be gone!
- Swipe back from chapters/show notes/settings to now playing screen: scrubber was temporarily showing wrong time and chapter name was replaced with podcast name
- Downloads could get stuck showing "failed to download" even when you archived and downloaded again
- Incorrect episode could get selected after archiving another episode from the Queue
- Episodes could get added to History even if you hadn't started playing them
Oceny i recenzje
Great podcast app
Has maybe one or two nuisances in UI, but overall it fits the bill perfectly and is my favorite podcast app.
About nuisances: it should be easier to access episode details - this info is main driver to decide whether new episode should be queued or archived. The other one is minor.
I am disappointed - rozczarowany
The developer site is misleading. Before buying I made some research if it has all features I am looking for. I found on the developer website that indeed it has. After installation it turned out the information are about older version of the app and most of the features are not present in Castro 2.
Zanim kupiłem aplikację to sprawdziłem, czy ma wszystkie funkcje, których szukam. Bezpośrednio na stronie dewelopera były ładnie opisanie. Niestety - okazało się, że to funkcje starej wersji aplikacji i nie ma ich w nowej wersji. Nie jest to w żaden sposób zaznaczone na ich stronie.
One of the best podcast apps.
By far one of the best podcast apps. It's very reliable and stable. The inbox concept suits my needs well. Also worth mentioning that developers are great! 👌
- Supertop Software
- 71.8 MB
Wymaga systemu iOS 10.3 lub nowszego. Zgodność z urządzeniami: iPhone, iPad oraz iPod touch.
- Aby pobrać tę aplikację, musisz mieć ukończone co najmniej 17 lat.
- Rzadkie/łagodne treści o charakterze erotycznym lub nagość
- Rzadkie/łagodne motywy z horrorów/dreszczowców
- Częste/intensywne treści dla dorosłych lub dwuznaczne
- Częste/intensywne treści obrazoburcze lub czarny humor
- Rzadkie/łagodne sceny picia alkoholu, palenia papierosów lub zażywania narkotyków, albo odwołania do tych czynności
- Prawa autorskie
- © Supertop 2018
- Zakupy w aplikacji
- Castro Plus 37,99 zł
- Castro Plus 12,99 zł
Po włączeniu Chmury rodzinnej z aplikacji tej będzie mogło korzystać do sześciu członków rodziny.
Wykonuj wszystkie zadania w tej aplikacji, używając jedynie poleceń głosowych.