Nimble Commander is a free dual-pane file manager designed specifically for Mac. Optimized for efficiency, Nimble Commander provides a blazing performance and momentary user interface feedback. Offering traditional powerful dual-panel manager concepts, Nimble Commander maintains minimalist and clean UI design at the same time.
• Classic tabbed dual-pane interface with different presentation modes: traditional UI and monospaced text-based variant
• Full keyboard access with the fastest way to handle file management tasks
• Nearly instantaneous launch, small memory footprint, and blazing-fast operation
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts
• Background operations processing
• Font and color customization
• Different file panel viewing modes: short, medium, full, and wide
• Instant files searching and filtering by typing
• File editing in editors of your choice, based on file extensions
• File search by name, size, or content
• QuickLook support
• Built-in file attributes editor and file viewer with textual/hexadecimal presentation
• Showing file search results as a file panel
• Lightweight search with Spotlight
• Browsing archives (zip, tar, bz2, gz, pax, cpio, lha, ar, cab, mtree, iso, warc, rar) like folders
• Archives building
• Extended attributes modification
• Powerful batch renaming
• External tools integration
• Ability to connect to remote FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers, Dropbox service
• System and volumes information, showing processes list as a folder
• Checksum calculation
If you have any questions or suggestions, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the forum at http://magnumbytes.com/forum/
- Added an ability to restore recently closed tabs via Shift+Cmd+R hotkey, or via Go->Recently Closed menu or via Plus button on the tab bar.
- Fixed the issue with APFS performance when copying large files.
- Fixed the issue with directories overwriting by moving.
- Quick Search now allows arrow navigation inside matching results when it shows all items.
- Esc button can now return a window from full screen mode.
- [Pro Features] Temporary panels are now stored in navigation history.
- [Pro Features] SFTP now supports falling back to rm+mv when a remote server refuses to perform an overwriting rename command.
- [Pro Features] Fixed the issue of reporting an invalid size in temporary panels under certain conditions.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.