The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all of your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
- Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
- Switch between multiple accounts
- Receive notifications about new mail fast, with notification centre, badge and lock screen options
- Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type and spelling suggestions
- Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
- Respond to Google Calendar invitations straight from the app
- Organise your mail by archiving, labelling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Send and receive attachments
- See profile pictures as part of the conversation
This release brings enhancements that help you get more out of your inbox:
• Now optimised for iPhone XR devices
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t add events to calendar
It just can’t accept any event and add it to calendar, I have to do it manually through google Calendar app logged to the same account - invite is valid, because I can easily do that through web interface, but gmail app shows the notify at the bottom “invitation data is out of date” - well, it isn’t, it shows data properly in preview and as I said, adding it through web just works. There are numerous issues with this reported on support board, but the only thing support team can do is asking to provide more and more screenshots...
The app is much better now but still:
* I woul like to be able to have account specific sound notifications (or no sound alert for one account and sound alert for another account)
* I would like to be able to set up sound alerts for labels
Mixing messages from 2 accounts
After recent update, it started to act confusing. Sometimes shows messaged from one account in the other account view and so on (I have two Google mail accounts configured).
Other than that - have been using it for 4 years, works better for me than iOS mail.
- Google LLC
- 248.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Google LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.