Keep exploring with Google Arts & Culture. Meet the people, visit the places and learn about the events that shaped our world. Discover collections curated by experts from the most famous museums. Be moved by stories depicted in thousands of photos, videos, manuscripts and artworks on every type of screen and in virtual reality. Find your favourite artworks, create your own collections and share them with friends.
Google Arts & Culture has collaborated with over 1,200 international museums, galleries and institutions from 70 countries to make their exhibits available for everyone online.
– Zoom Views – Experience every detail of the world’s greatest treasures
– Virtual Reality – Grab your Google Cardboard viewer and immerse yourself in arts and culture
– Browse by time and colour – Explore artworks by filtering them by colour or time period
– Virtual tours – Step inside the most famous museums in the world and visit iconic landmarks
– Personal collection – Save your favourite artworks and share your collections with friends
- Nearby - Find museums and cultural events around you
– Exhibits – Take guided tours curated by experts
– Daily digest – Learn something new every time you open the app
– Art Recognizer – Learn more about artworks by pointing your device camera at them, even when offline (at select museums)
– Notifications – subscribe to receive updates on the top arts and culture stories
– Location: Needed to recommend cultural sites and events based on your current location
– Camera: Needed to recognise artworks and provide related information about them
– Contacts (Get Accounts): Needed to allow sign in with a Google Account in order to store users' favourites and preferences
– Storage: Needed to allow artworks to be recognised and related information to be access while offline
• View paintings in AR: Use augmented reality to see real-size artworks in front of you.
• Search with your selfie: Now available in Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Singapore and parts of the US. Stay tuned as we try to improve and expand this experiment.
Ratings and Reviews
Explore 1,200-plus museums—content translated into Thai.
Is your portrait in a museum?
As I love this app in general, in the first place I downloaded it because of the feature „Is your portrait in a museum?” which I cannot find there. Many people seem to struggle with the same problem. I’m from Poland since maybe localization is vital here.
Even though the app is surely a great opportunity to explore museums and art centres all over the world, it is upsetting that the most famous function - the face match-up is not available for everyone :(
- Google, Inc.
- 69.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Basque, Cambodian, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Google, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.